US RSV Franchise and New Products Lead
US Vaccines team is expanding with a new leadership opportunity to bring our new breakthrough vaccines in development to eligible adults who need protection from infectious diseases upon successful regulatory approvals
Sr.Director/TL, US RSV Franchise and New Products Marketing role will be accountable to shape and drive the US launch strategy for our RSV vaccine to older adults and pregnant women, for our C.difficile vaccine for older adults and will provide oversight to new product planning which are in early development.
RSV is a common respiratory virus which can be serious, especially for infants and older adults. RSV is the most common cause of bronchiolitis and pneumonia in children younger than 1 year of age.
C. difficile is a germ (bacterium) that causes severe diarrhea and colitis, and represents a significant unmet medical need in older adults in both healthcare and community settings.There are no currently available vaccines in either of these disease areas.
This individual will establish and lead the US RSV Franchise and New Products Marketing team, partnering seamlessly with Global RSV Franchise team to co-create a US launch plan that will enable an accelerated launch as early as in 2023. He/she will also partner closely with commercial development team for C.diff launch planning milestones and scenarios, establish the US C.diff launch team accordingly, support early commercial planning and forecasting efforts that relates to US business assumptions for other new vaccines in the pipeline.
This role is a great opportunity for a strong leader to shape and define the strategies for RSV Older Adult, a lightspeed asset that will be part of a highly competitive market, and RSV Maternal, which represents a new frontier in disease prevention. The leadership role offers a unique opportunity to develop launch excellence model in newly created disease areas and markets such as RSV and C.Diff identifying synergies in market shaping, maximizing patient access in Medicare part D space and driving HCP awareness and consumer activation.
US Vaccines RSV Franchise and New Products Marketing Lead, will be expected to lead decision making for direct and cross functional tams, collaborating seamlessly with Global Franchise, medical, PHI and an extensive network of cross functional partners to drive successful launch under accelerated timelines. The RSV vaccine is one of Pfizer's most important assets, with peak US revenue projections across the franchise of more than $1.5B.
Develop launch plans for both older adult and maternal market segments to drive market development, to establish product differentiation and to maximize commercial success and fast vaccine uptake. This requires, strong franchise portfolio planning, identifying underlying synergies and interdependencies in launch planning and also preparing lunches for two separate market segments ; including product forecasting, positioning, pricing strategy and access planning, product life cycle strategy, competitor defense, ACIP recommendation scenario planning, managing marketing collaborations.
- Establish and lead the team and US commercial strategies for RSV Adult and RSV Maternal, positioning Pfizer as the leader in a highly competitive market.
- Re-define launch excellence for RSV Older Adult and Maternal, as well as for C.Diff gaining access to new markets
- Lead the development of forecasts, plans, strategies and operational commitments (Op Plan) and ensure delivery of all Op Plan commitments
- Lead the preparation of a successful evidence-based, patients first strategy to successfully differentiate and defend against competitors
- Ensure US launch readiness and excellence for both indications across all targeted customer segments and channels
- Ensure strong collaboration with the US sales and accounts team to ensure seamless execution of the launch strategies into customer facing activities.
- Ensure strong collaboration with US Prevnar 20 Adult and mRNAfranchise US marketing teams for effective strategic and tactical coordination by customer segment/channel to maximize our vaccines portfolio opportunities
- Build a high performing team through the ability to attract, engage, coach and develop the best talent while modeling our Values of Courage, Excellence, Equity and Joy
- Collaborate and provide thought leadership within the team but also across the US Vaccines business on innovative models to enhance our growth opportunities
- Participate and contribute as an active, enterprise leader in North America Vaccines Leadership Team.
- Being an active contributor to Glocal Franchise teams Represent the US in Glocal Teams and bring the US input and perspective to new product development.
- Leading critical external relationships to shape perspectives and advance market development
- Minimum 15 years of successful marketing/commercial experience in the pharmaceutical industry, preferably at the global and local levels
- US market experience is highly preferred
- Demonstrated strategic marketing and analytical thinking skills
- Prior launch experience highly desired
- Experience in building / accelerating previously unexplored or under-penetrated markets desired
- Experience in working successfully in a highly competitive environment desired
- Demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams through setting a common vision and purpose, influence and persuasion
- An absolute commitment to adherence to all applicable compliance rules and regulations
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work on multiple tasks with a strong sense of urgency and enthusiasm while prioritizing and meeting team goals
- Demonstrated ability to act with agility and effectively lead others through times of change
- Experience in US marketing and Global marketing highly preferred
- Vaccines experience preferred
- Bachelor's degree required; MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- This role is instrumental in the business unit and ex- business unit matrix. Critical interactions will include the Global franchise teams, Global Commercial Development team, US marketing teams (adult, pediatric and mRNA), US Customer Facing leadership and organization, Medical, Health and Value teams, Policy, Regulatory, Legal, and Finance. External interactions will primarily occur with KOLs, medical and patient organizations, CDC and other potential external stakeholders.
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Periodic travel required, mostly US, some international
Candidate demonstrates a breadth of diverse leadership experiences and capabilities including: the ability to influence and collaborate with peers, develop and coach others, oversee and guide the work of other colleagues to achieve meaningful outcomes and create business impact.
- Last Date to Apply for the job: February 9, 2022
- Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Marketing and Market Research#LI-PFE