Associate Director - Global Brand Management, Early Stage & Business Development
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
Position: Associate Director – Global Brand Management, Early Stage and Business Development
Location: San Rafael, CA
This position plays a key role within the commercial organization focused on leading Commercial activities for early stage programs and driving commercial activities for BioMarin’s LM&A activities. Main responsibilities will include being Commercial lead for an early stage program leading up to and including IND submission and Business Development diligences and commercial planning and market preparation activities. S/he will provide objective, in-depth information on current and future markets, customers and competitors. Additionally, this position will assess critical business issues and opportunities for growth, collaborate with commercial colleagues in assessing markets, and supports executing strategies for the products. The position works closely with colleagues in Market Access, Global Commercial Analytics, Business Development, Product Portfolio Development and R&D to support early stage program development and develop cross-functional business cases
- Commercial lead for one or more early stage assets (preclinical through clinical trial initiation) including integrating Commercial input into evidence generation needs, target product profile and lifecycle management; championing these perspectives in cross-functional forums; and developing business cases
- Represent commercial perspective in cross-functional teams and governance forums, building rapport with commercial and cross-functional leadership
- Build business cases, integrated product plans and target product profiles integrating functional insights (e.g., P&MA, regional dynamics) with market research and develop market potentials and forecast patient-based revenues / expenses to drive decision-making
- Assess new therapeutic opportunities in close partnership with Business Development, R&D and Key Opinion Leaders with a focus on pre-launch stages, but also including launc-ready and in-line assets
- Rapidly develop fluency in new disease areas, characterize market dynamics and surface gating issues that inform commercial viability
- Design, execute and manage market research / advisory board projects and leverage secondary data as necessary
- Brand management and/or pipeline commercialization experiences strongly preferred
- Management/ strategic consulting, marketing, market access, and market research experiences preferred
- Excellent communication, collaboration, strategic and analytical skills are required
- Experience working in orphan or specialty markets
- US and international experience
REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors, preferably in life sciences, economics / business administration
- MBA, preferred; MPH or PhD in life sciences a plus
- 6+ years in commercial or analytical role in life sciences, preferably pharmaceutical/biotech
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.