Senior Manager, Business Operations
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Sr. Manager of Business Operations (individual contributor role) will establish, maintain and continuously improve an infrastructure to enable a structured business operations framework across the Technical Development group of BioMarin. This will include:
- Analyze and establish metrics, portfolio management, training and communications across the Technical Operations group.
- Drive productivity and efficiency through standardization of common business practices within Technical Development group and as well as interfaces with key stakeholders.
- This individual will interface with Technical Development Functional Heads in designing and facilitating business reviews, on-boarding new staff, and establishing staff training plans.
- Develop and facilitate a program for knowledge sharing and lessons learned across Technical Development.
- Act as the Single Point of Contact (SPOC) to the Project Management Office, Training and Communications.
RESPONSIBILITIES will be covered in 4 different areas;
· Establishes metrics, progress reporting and an escalation framework
· Develops and maintains a metric dashboard that offers insight into performance, including portfolio (program & project), training, and financial analysis
· Ability to work with departments to understand root cause and develop mitigations when metrics are off track
· Identifies areas for improvement through business analytics (quantitative and qualitative) and develops actionable improvement recommendations
· Works with the Technical Development project leads to develop project charters and supports inputting into the project portfolio
· Enters project information (e.g., timeline, resourcing) into Portfolio Management Software
· Runs periodic reports to evaluate portfolio health and support resolution when project or program is off track
· Acts as the Single Point of Contact to Technical Operations Training department
· Support departments in establishing appropriate training plans and support development of customized training
· Works with corporate training team to develop and facilitate an onboarding program
· Develops and Facilitates execution of a Technical Development Communication Plan
· Develops communication materials (e.g., power point, announcements, etc.)
· Oversees the implementation of Town Hall meetings
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 8+years relevant work experience in Business Operations or process improvement.
- Portfolio, program, or project management experience a plus.
- Pharma/Biotech experience a plus
- Experience working closely with scientific or technical teams
- Ability to develop new business practices (from a blank sheet of paper)
- Experience in business analytics and uses systematic problem-solving approaches when
- Ability to work cross functionally and able to operate effectively at both an operational and strategic level
- Experience with improving and developing business practices and processes
- Self-motivated with the proven ability to take ownership and deliver results in an environment with ambiguity and change
- Superior communication and facilitation skills – Oral, written and formal presentation skills with ability to facilitate diverse audiences including senior management, middle management and line staff
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.