Manager Occupational Health
Occupational Health is comprised of internal medical clinics committed to delivering high quality medical care to staff with a priority in promoting and enhancing worker wellbeing. The Occupational Health (OH) Manager role encompasses management and support of Global Occupational Health business performance initiatives to optimize OH value to the organization, improve productivity and support long range strategy. The OH Manager will perform a key activities related to internal quality assurance assessments of programs and medical documentation, support completion of compliance reporting for OSHA and maintain key performance metrics to support the advancement of Amgens world class safety performance.
The preferred candidate must possess technical knowledge in interpreting and managing data to optimize OH business operations and embody a continuous improvement mindset. The candidate will possess a comfort in navigating the healthcare environment with a background in clinical practice management or clinical quality assurance or similar environments. Previous experience within occupational or employee health in a corporate setting is strongly preferred but not required.
This role involves a close interface with site-based clinic teams in the US and Puerto Rico and regular interactions with peers within environment, health, safety and sustainability organization globally. This role will also regularly interface with key stakeholders including human resources, legal, facilities and engineering.
- Doctorate degree OR
- Masters degree and 3 years of experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 5 years of experience OR
- Associates degree and 10 years of experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of experience AND
- Previous managerial experience directly managing people and/or experience leading teams, projects, programs or directing the allocation of resources
- Bachelors or Masters degree with an emphasis in Healthcare Management, Occupational Health and Safety, Nursing Informatics, Business Administration or related discipline
- Strong knowledge and experience with electronic medical records systems, MS Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Tableau, Smartsheet required
- Ability to analyze large data from existing data systems and tools
- Ability to collaborate and work in diverse teams
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Clinical practice license such as Registered Nurse, Nurses Practitioner or Physician Assistant highly preferred but not required
- Experience in managing occupational health and safety programming
- Knowledge of federal regulations (OHSA, EEO, ADA) and workers compensation regulations
- Ability to translate technical information and business requirements into lay terms
- Risk Management/Assessment skills and experience
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.