Manager, Medical Information & Education
Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
Daiichi Sankyo Group is dedicated to the creation and supply of innovative pharmaceutical therapies to improve standards of care and address diversified, unmet medical needs of people globally by leveraging our world-class science and technology. With more than 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for cardiovascular diseases, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo is primarily focused on providing novel therapies in oncology, as well as other research areas centered around rare diseases and immune disorders.
The Manager, MI&E will be responsible for leading the development of high-quality medical information documents as well as leading the Medical Review and Clearance of promotional and training materials/programs. This position is also accountable for reviewing medical information content developed by others, to assure scientific rigor and quality. Leveraging his/her functional and technical expertise, the manager will proactively develop and propose improvements in MI&E to assist in furthering the organizational effectiveness of the MI&E. The manager will serve as an integral member of the Medical Affairs Team, providing input on medical planning and strategies and will help drive a consistent, unified medical voice for Medical Affairs. Additionally, the manager will identify, apply and leverage Customer Insights, as well as important scientific, competitor and healthcare landscape intelligence, across MI&E as well as USMA.
- Lead comprehensive MRC of promotional materials/programs as a member of the Product Material Review Team. Proactively provide medical guidance and medical/scientific direction on strategies for product positioning, messaging and promotional materials/programs.
- Lead the development of high quality, scientifically sound MI for products to fulfill unsolicited requests for information and to support Medical strategies and objectives. Provide guidance to the Medical Information Center staff for appropriate handling of escalated inquiries.
- Serve as integral member of Medical Affairs (MA) and the Medical Product Team, taking the lead to ensure effective coordination and alignment between MI&E and other MA functions for assigned product(s)/investigational agents.
- Lead or participate in projects/initiatives within MI&E or across functions, as assigned
- Lead the knowledge and information transfer between MI&E and other functions across Medical Affairs, ensuring that this is done efficiently and effectively. Lead and drive the consistency in medical information and establishing a unified Medical Affairs voice. Proactively providing Medical expertise/support as needed.
Qualifications: Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Education Qualifications (from an accredited college or university)
- PharmD preferred
- 1 or More Years of experience in a relevant pharmaceutical or clinical role, including Oncology. preferred
- Experience in a medical review or medical information role required
- Proven track record of working successfully with cross-functional teams to achieve results. preferred
Ability to travel up to 10% Domestic travel
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.