Process Sciences Associate - Downstream Characterization and Controls
Regeneron is currently looking for a Process Sciences Associate for our Downstream Process Characterization Laboratory with a Monday – Friday, 8am-4:30pm schedule. Regeneron has successfully commercialized numerous products. Gaining approval from regulatory agencies is dependent on demonstrating that our processes are robust, consistent, and produce quality product, done in part through laboratory scale characterization of our production processes. The candidate will lead and conduct innovative laboratory scale purification and filtration process characterization studies as part of the validation and lifecycle management of manufacturing bioprocesses. In this fast-paced environment with a strong pipeline, Process Sciences Associates work on countless aspects of the process and business.
As a Process Sciences Associate, a typical day might include the following:
- Managing projects from study design through implementation – using Quality by Design principles and collaborating with cross-functional scientific teams across the company to prioritize key scientific questions in need of further characterization
- Designing and conducting laboratory-scale purification and filtration studies to characterize manufacturing bioprocesses
- Statistical analysis and mechanistic interpretation of large data sets and writing and reviewing technical reports to demonstrate process understanding and support commercial filings
- Staying current with relevant industry trends and scientific literature
- Presenting technical topics at internal and external meetings
- Providing technical support to Manufacturing during troubleshooting and continuous improvement opportunities
- Innovating through investment in strategic areas such as new technology introduction and developing fundamental scientific understanding of the manufacturing process
This role might be for you if you:
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and you have the innate ability to balance multiple projects, prioritize them and execute them independently, while excelling at keeping all stakeholders well advised and managing project timelines
- Can take on new and sometimes ambiguous challenges, learning quickly
- Enjoy working collaboratively, but can also take ownership of large technical reports and projects
- Can leverage deep curiosity and passion for science to drive scientific and/or business-related improvement ideas
- Understand biologics manufacturing processes
- Are familiar with Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and statistical analysis software (e.g., JMP, Minitab, Design-Expert, GraphPad Prism, R, Python, Matlab, etc.)
To be considered for the Process Sciences Associate you must be willing and able to work Monday-Friday, 8am-4:30pm. For various levels you must have the following:
Process Sciences Associate I: BS/BA in life sciences/engineering or related field; Chemical Engineering or Biochemistry preferred
Process Sciences Associate II: BS/BA in life sciences/engineering or related field; Chemical Engineering or Biochemistry preferred and 2+ years of relevant experience
Process Sciences Associate III: BS/BA in life sciences/engineering or related field; Chemical Engineering or Biochemistry preferred and 5+ years or relevant experience
Process Sciences Associate IV: BS/BA in life sciences/engineering or related field; Chemical Engineering or Biochemistry preferred and 8+ years or relevant experience
The level is determined based on qualifications relevant to the role.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.