Associate Director, Global Operational Pricing and Analytics - Immunology
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Global Operational Pricing and Analytics Lead will be responsible for leading operational pricing and pricing analytics activities for AbbVie assets, to inform strategic pricing, access and business decisions. This role will report to the Director Global Pricing, Immunology, in Global Strategic Pricing and Analytics within GMAP.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Accountable for coordinating the review of pricing business cases for a specific asset/TA, in preparation of the global and Executive Pricing Council approval and act as the single point of contact for pricing business cases at all levels in the organization, including affiliates and area
- Responsible for ensuring country pricing business cases requiring global approval are compliant with the pricing governance requirements, consistent and compliant use of business case templates, pricing systems and tools; timely engage with relevant stakeholders for its preparation, review and approval (eg strategic pricing lead, affiliates, Finance, legal), in line with the pricing planning and ensure compliant use of the price approval systems/platform, as per the global pricing governance
- Responsible for assessing whether the pricing business case falls in/outside pricing guidance, for reviewing the accuracy of the country pricing business cases and its preparation for the global review and approval, including pre-reads (GMAP and Executive Pricing Council), for communicating and tracking the global pricing decisions, and closely following up with the affiliates on a regular basis to monitor in-market effective prices executed.
- Responsible ensuring timely involvement of the strategic pricing lead, if required, in the pricing business case assessment.
- Support the affiliates in mitigating risks related to biosimilar & generic entries at local level
- Responsible for coordinating and collaborating with relevant key stakeholders (eg Areas Access / Pricing Managers, Finance) to ensure international impact assessments (international price referencing, cross country supply) are processed in a timing manner and financial impact has been accurately forecasted, to support price approval decision making, as per the pricing governance
- Responsible for preparing regular pricing summaries to Executive Pricing Council and other relevant senior leadership, in line with the pricing governance regarding pricing data handling and reporting.
- Responsible for providing trainings on the pricing governance, and associated tools and systems, to the relevant stakeholders
- Responsible for the conduct of International Reference Pricing assessment and impact on revenues, in support of country price change requests, financial processes (LRP, plan) or other strategic business needs (eg policy impact)
- Responsible for conducting pricing analytics and developing pricing models (eg trade-offs, BSx erosion curves, IRP) addressing strategic pricing, access and business questions, including but not exclusively analysis of AbbVie assets and competitor in-market pricing strategies and trends (past/current/future), such as: indication or launch sequence optimization assessment, P&R and regulatory launch scenarios, assessment of performance of previously approved business cases vs actuals, in close collaboration with the strategic pricing lead and other key stakeholders (HTA analytics, GMAP TA, Finance, Decision Support Group (DSG)).
- Responsible for ensuring development and implementation of harmonized pricing templates across TAs, supporting pricing assumptions collection during financial processes (LRP/plan); responsible for template development and presentation coordination of pricing assumptions for the financial processes; support the strategic pricing lead during the financial processes (LRP, plan) in developing the pricing guidance, reviewing pricing assumptions and prepare pricing summaries.
- Support the strategic pricing lead during the development of global pricing strategies, including Value Based Agreements and participate in prelaunch pricing studies.
- Manages workload to meet critical deadlines under challenging time constraints.
- Works closely with internal stakeholders in Global Market Access and Pricing (GMAP), affiliate/area Market Access, Finance, GMCO, GCD and DSG
- Bachelor’s Degree (required) or MSc or MPhil (preferred) in Finance, Actuarial Sciences, Statistics, Health Economics, Econometrics, Mathematics, or any other related quantitative field with at least 7 years of relevant experience
- Experience in healthcare or pharmaceutical industry and a sound understanding of access, health economics and commercialization process is preferred
- Knowledge and hands-on experience in the following aspects is required:
- designing or implementing pricing strategies at country level
- financial planning, forecasting or demand planning
- pricing, financial, or statistical analytics, including development of software programs / applications; pricing databases
- Ability to communicate financial impact of pricing initiatives on overall business objectives is required.
- Ability to synthetize, critically analyze, efficiently communicate large volume of information, identify risks, and develop recommendations is required
- Ability to understand the organization's strategy and apply to product pricing strategies is preferred.
- Ability to consistently provide clear and concise written and verbal communication, excellent presentation skills.
- Demonstrated appropriate level of leadership experience. Requires high levels of competence, confidence, and credibility. Strategic and tactical decisions will be made based upon data the individual provides and/or presents in a management or informal setting.
- Analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills and strong Excel skills are required
- Experience interacting with P&R agencies and knowledge of top key markets health care systems and/or pricing regulations (EU5, Canada, Japan, US) is highly desirable
- Excellent English communication skills (both oral and written) is required
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 20 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.