Associate Director - Gene Therapy Research
Job Description Summary
Gene therapy specialist with high-level of scientific expertise in Gene Editing and people management. Responsible for the delivery of gene therapy candidates through a research project pipeline. The incumbent will work closely with the Director, Head of Gene Therapy Research and other CSL colleagues to set project objectives and to implement key scientific/technical strategies within the global CSL research organization. As Associate Director/Senior Principal Scientist, the incumbent will lead a dedicated team to achieve specified research project objectives within defined time parameters.
- Provide expert and authoritative scientific advice to group / project team members in gene therapy technologies including genetics, gene editing, CRISPR systems, NGS technologies and translational research to advance gene therapy candidates toward clinical testing
- Maintain high-level awareness of key scientific/technical strategies and innovative technological developments in Gene editing
- Maintain and build CSL’s research profile within academic and industry contacts
Management & Leadership:
- Provide leadership, technical know-how, support and motivation to relevant program/project teams.
- Build commitment to program/project objectives and common goals, setting standards for self and others.
- Be highly organized and capable of managing/pursuing multiple projects
- Directly manage a team of up to 5 MS, PhD level scientists
- Work to develop overall competency of team members, encouraging learning and development opportunities.
- Contribute to an environment that fosters innovation and calculated risk-taking within the program/project team members.
- Develop close working relationships with cross-functional departments and integrate key program/project team members in relevant expert area.
- When required, lead and manage research projects as a “Project Scientific Coordinator (PSC)”.
- PhD in Genetics or Molecular Biology, or related discipline with extensive experience in relevant industry and / or academic environments (essential).
- Record of scientific excellence demonstrated by publication of scientific work and actual industry project work experience (essential).
- Extensive background in gene therapy technologies (including gene editing, non-viral gene delivery, and NGS) (essential).
- Experience with LVV/AAV/AV gene therapy platforms will be highly regarded.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills (listening, verbal, written).
- Ability to influence without authority and inspire team members.
- Position located at Pasadena
- Travel domestic and internationally when required (15%)
We encourage you to make your well-being a priority. It’s important and so are you. Learn more about how we care at CSL.
About CSL Behring
CSL Behring is a global leader in developing and delivering high-quality medicines that treat people with rare and serious diseases. Our treatments offer promise for people in more than 100 countries living with conditions in the immunology, hematology, cardiovascular and metabolic, respiratory, and transplant therapeutic areas. Learn more about CSL Behring.
We want CSL to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at CSL.
Do work that matters at CSL Behring!