Summer Intern - Supply Chain
Precision BioSciences Summer Internship Program allows current students the opportunity to complete a combination of larger projects to solve a key problem and day to day tasks to better understand what a career in the given field entails. Interns will also participate in group learning and networking opportunities and enhance presentation skills through a capstone presentation at the end of the summer.
This position is a full-time internship, working 40 hours per week for approximately 12 weeks in the summer.
The Supply Chain Intern will gain industry experience across multiple day-to-day facets of the supply chain organization including materials resource planning (MRP), strategic sourcing, warehouse management, logistics, finished Clinical Trial Material (CTM) forecasting, and business analytics. Ongoing tasks related to the implementation of material resource planning will be the individual’s primary responsibility. In addition to day-to-day responsibilities, the Intern will be tasked with a project to perform a risk assessment of AAV production raw materials and determine opportunities for dual sourcing.
**Please note, Precision BioSciences mandates COVID-19 vaccination of all employees. Accommodations may be made in accordance with applicable law.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. This list contains the major duties and requirements of the job and is not all-inclusive. Incumbent(s) may be expected to perform role-related duties other than those contained in this document.
Key projects and day-to-day responsibilities:
- Support implementation of material resource planning system
- Partner with warehouse and manufacturing to track material flow
- Review requests for shipments and coordinate with clinical depots to ensure on time delivery of clinical trial material
- Analyze open orders and communicate with suppliers regarding status
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and develop tools utilizing new MRP system
- Under mentorship and guidance, review AAV bill of materials, create a risk assessment matrix for materials, gather data from suppliers and identify opportunities for dual sourcing of materials to limit volatility in material availability
- Forecasting of CTM needs and development of manufacturing plan
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required to perform this job successfully.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Business, Engineering or related discipline; Master’s degree or MBA preferred however not required
- Experience with data analysis including advanced Excel skills and scenario planning
- Interest or knowledge in pharma/biotech industry or GMP
No travel anticipated for this role.
This is a primarily office-based position associated with the main headquarters and MCAT in Durham, NC. For the time being, this role will be able to function remotely in accordance with company safety guidelines throughout the duration of the pandemic but is subject to change as needed.
Precision BioSciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: DTIL), is a clinical stage biotechnology company dedicated to improving life (DTIL) with its novel and proprietary ARCUS® genome editing platform. This isn’t just a statement supporting the products that we’re developing – it’s a statement that speaks to our collective desire to do our part in improving the lives of those around us. ARCUS is a highly specific and versatile genome editing platform designed with therapeutic safety, delivery, and control in mind. Using ARCUS, Precision is developing allogeneic CAR T and in vivo gene correction therapies for cancer and genetic diseases. Our team includes pioneers in genome editing, leaders in business, and a full staff of talented and committed people who are excited to be a part of medical and scientific breakthroughs. For additional information, please visit www. precisionbiosciences.com
Precision BioSciences actively fosters an inclusive environment to ensure we attract and retain the best talent; we value diversity of life experiences and perspectives; and we encourage innovation in pursuit of our mission. We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Precision BioSciences complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.