Neuroscience Account Manager - Psychiatry - Queens, NY
Territory: Queens, NY - Psychiatry
Target area for territory is Queens- will consider candidates who live within 40 miles of territory boundaries with access to a major airport. Territory boundaries include: Borders Lake Success and New Hyde Park to the North with Long Beach, The Rockaways and the Five Towns to the South. Western portion of South Queens including Jamaica, Richmond Hill and Woodhaven. A small portion of Brooklyn South around Canarsie is also included.
Are you a results-driven pharmaceutical sales professional looking to be part of a collaborative, agile and patient-focused organization? At Lundbeck, we are tirelessly dedicated to restoring brain health, so every person can be their best. Inspired and driven by our purpose, we are the only global biopharmaceutical company focused solely on brain diseases. We have a robust and innovative pipeline, bringing forward transformative therapies to address unmet needs in neurology and psychiatry. Join us on our journey of growth!
As a Neuroscience Account Manager, you lead the promotion of our psychiatry portfolio, executing sales and marketing strategies with comprehensive clinical knowledge to drive sales performance. Our Account Managers are adept at executing against the toughest commercialization challenges in today’s rapidly changing environment and must demonstrate strong capability in the following areas:
Business Planning & Account Leadership - Ability to use digital tools and apply data-based insights to create opportunities, develop strategy & tactics, allocate resources to enhance sales execution, monitor progress and adjust direction to maximize sales performance.
Selling - Deliver messages in a clear and compelling way to customers, effectively probe customer needs to handle objections, and close every call with a commitment to action to drive changes in behavior.
Customer Development - Build and maintain productive internal and external relationships based on customer needs and organizational goals, incorporating “total office” account management.
Local Market & Therapeutic Area Expertise - Gather and validate key trends and dynamics in the market, map account linkages, and apply comprehensive therapeutic knowledge to uncover and prioritize unique opportunities.
Reimbursement - Consistently demonstrate the ability to stay informed on reimbursement dynamics, anticipate and effectively address payer access issues (IDNs, Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial) using Lundbeck resources.
Pharmaceutical Environment/Compliance - Ability to apply knowledge of pharmaceutical and regulatory environment, including accountability and adherence to Lundbeck policies and procedures and FDA regulations regarding the promotion of pharmaceutical and medical products.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE and SKILLS:
• Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Sciences degree from an accredited college or university
• 4+ years pharmaceutical, healthcare, medical sales or related experience
• 2+ years promoting and detailing products in the field of CNS/neuroscience, hospital, medical devices or within a specialty product sales force.
• Must demonstrate the intellectual capacity to score highly on disease and product training exams, including being certified on product knowledge annually
• Self-starter, with a strong work ethic and outstanding communication skills
• Must be computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office software
• Must live within 40 miles of territory boundaries
• Driving is an essential duty of this job; must have a valid driver’s license with a safe driving record that meets company requirements
• Meeting and complying with reasonable industry-standard credentialing requirements of healthcare providers / customer facilities is required for continued employment with Lundbeck
• The Company requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide proof upon hire, or request a medical or religious accommodation
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
• Prior experience promoting and detailing products specific to CNS/neuroscience including: depression, schizophrenia and bipolar disorder
• Previous specialty pharmacy or buy & bill/injectable sales experience
• Documented successful sales performance
• Ownership and accountability for the development and execution of fully integrated account plans
• Strong analytical background, and experience using sales data reporting tools to identify trends
• Experience in calling on customers at a variety of call points, including offices, community mental health centers and hospitals
• Experience in product launches
• Previous experience working with alliance partners (i.e., co-promotions)
• Strong leadership through participation in committees, job rotations, panels and related activities
Willingness/Ability to travel up to 30% - 40% domestically to (a) regularly meet/interact with customer base and internal personnel within assigned territory; and (b) typically attend 4-8 internal/external conferences and meetings spanning locations within the United States. Travel must be able to be completed in a timely manner.
Lundbeck is unique from other biopharmaceutical companies in that we are 70 percent owned by a research-focused foundation. We have a deep heritage of discovery and have brought breakthrough therapies to millions of people across the globe. And we're just getting started! Our success is driven by our great people and inclusive culture, which is guided by our beliefs of being Patient-Driven, Courageous, Ambitious, Passionate & Responsible. Are you ready to make an impact, one patient at a time?
Lundbeck offers a robust and comprehensive benefits package to help employees live well and protect their health, family, and everyday life. Information regarding our benefit offering can be found on the U.S. career site.
Lundbeck is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to disabled veterans and other individuals with disabilities during our employment application process. If, because of a disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process, please visit the U.S. career site.
Lundbeck is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by law, rule, or regulation. Lundbeck participates in E-Verify.