Scientific Lead, Translational Bioinformatician/Data Scientist– Human Genetics of Cardiometabolic
We are looking for a talented Bioinformatician or Data Scientist in human genetics to join the Cardiovascular, Metabolic and Musculoskeletal Therapeutic Area Genetics team at the Regeneron genetics center (RGC). The mission of the team is to discover new disease biology, highlight new drug targets, select indications for drug programs, and identify subgroups of patients who are more likely to respond to treatment through genetic analyses of over 1 million sequenced individuals. The RGC houses one of the world’s largest and most complete datasets on human genetics in the world. This is a fantastic opportunity to join an inspiring and talented team that is on the forefront of genetics based drug discovery and translational genetics.
The rapid growth in sequencing datasets comes with many new challenges and opportunities to mine the data. Your role will be to develop, implement and apply analytical methods to extend our analytical capabilities for mining these data in order to gain new biological insights into cardiometabolic diseases. The post holder will closely collaborate with the analytical genomics teams and genome informatics teams to integrate new functionality into the browsers and cloud systems, and then apply them to translate genetic findings into new insights for our cardiometabolic disease programs. You will work together with the inclusive and multidisciplinary teams and colleagues at the RGC and Regeneron to translate findings into new biological insights.
In this role, a typical day might include the following:
• Develop new analytical approaches, data processing pipelines and establish internal data practices together with others in the team and in collaboration with the Genome Informatics team and the Analytical Genomics team to mine large scale human genetics.
• You will closely collaborate with the Genomes informatics and Analytical Genomics team to develop and integrate new functionality into browsers and tools hosted on AWS and Databricks that empower translational genetics work.
• Enable others in the team to implement analytical approaches by automating them, designing interfaces and support code development.
• Mine the 1M+ sequencing data to generate new biological hypotheses around cardiometabolic disease. Integrating different sources of data to come-up with new inferences.
• Trial blue sky ideas.
• Generate, summarize and present results in internal and external meetings to a variety of audiences.
• Deliver reliable analyses across projects in a high-pace working environment.
• Lead and contribute to the writing of scientific reports and publications.
This job might be for you if you have:
• A strong work ethic and are proactive in providing solutions, foster scientific collaborations and drive projects forward.
• Experience with setting up a codebase for human genetic studies in a high-performance computing environment.
• Experience in Git and scripting or programming languages, proficiency in R is preferred.
• Experience with the various applications of statistical genetics to obtain new insights into human biology, and ideas to move this field forward.
• An Interest in understanding the genetic basis and causes of Cardiometabolic disease and translating this knowledge into biological or medical insights.
To be considered for this role, you must have a PhD in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology, Computer Science, Statistical Genetics, Human (Population) Genetics, or related field with good computational skills. Candidates with 0-5 years of relevant post-doc experience are welcome to apply, level and salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.