AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
The Transformation Team works side-by-side with the AbbVie executive team on many of the most pressing issues facing the organization to drive implementation of end-to-end transformational efforts to bring innovative medicines to patients faster and enable AbbVie’s emergence as a World Class R&D organization.
The Director, Transformation Team, plays a leadership role in the creation of a new team at AbbVie that will have a direct impact on the strategic priorities of the AbbVie R&D executive team. You are responsible for supporting implementation of major cross-functional transformations including new R&D operating models or capabilities and acting as a strategic partner to pilot these efforts in the context of clinical development of high priority early-stage assets. Achieving these goals requires a combination of excellent interpersonal and collaborative skills, broad strategic thinking, and an ability to synthesize inputs and drive alignment in complex situations.
- Support development of high-profile transformations within the R&D organization ranging from novel operating and resource models to new capabilities and ways of working to bring innovative medicines to patients faster.
- Translate strategic vision into action by effectively managing implementation of these end-to-end transformations within a complex matrixed organization.
- Bring rigorous conceptual and analytical thinking to answer key related R&D questions including evaluating portfolio and study specific KPIs, synthesizing insights from internal and external stakeholder interviews, and developing new frameworks to inform decision making and planning.
- Work closely with asset teams in piloting new initiatives in the context of early development accelerations.
- Manage cross-functional senior stakeholders to ensure alignment on goals of transformation and implementation.
- Prepare updates to VP-level and executive stakeholders on insights developed and status of transformation efforts.
- Bachelors or equivalent degree required. Advanced degree (PharmD, PhD, MD, MBA) highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree with 8 years of experience; Master’s degree with 6 years of experience; or PhD with 4 years of experience across multiple competitive, fast paced environments E.g., pharmaceutical R&D, clinical development, commercial operations and/or strategy consulting.
- Experience managing large projects within a complex matrixed organization either as an external consultant or an internal cross-functional lead.
- Demonstrated ability to present data and metrics to executive leadership teams that will lead to better business outcomes.
- Recognized team player with proven facilitative leadership skills in a cross-functional global team environment. Proven performance in a matrix environment with ability to influence and align stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to interact externally and internally to support business strategy.
- Strong analytical skills. Recognized ability to evaluate complex issues from multiple perspectives to ensure that balanced risk assessments are made.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.