NuProbe USA is hiring two NGS Bioinformatics Scientists for its Houston (TX) location.
NuProbe is the US-based R&D subsidiary of NuProbe Global, a company devoted to the development of novel non-invasive DNA and RNA diagnostic assays.
Currently, NuProbe has several products based on NGS, qPCR, and sanger technologies. The Innovation team is developing new technologies based on NGS and qPCR for next stage products and services.
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to join NuProbe, working under the guidance of Innovation team lead to contribute to the new technology development.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- (30% - 50%) Bioinformatics, NGS Data Analysis (Python, MATLAB)
- (50% - 70%) Leading projects and performing wet lab experiments including, but not limited to NGS library preparation, sequencing, PCR, qPCR, and nucleic acid extraction
Job Qualifications and Education
- PhD or postdoc in Biology, Biochemistry, or related field
- Relevant bioinformatics experience in NGS and genomics data analysis, as well as using bioinformatics databases
- Familiar with Python or MATLAB
- Familiar with NGS library preparation, PCR, qPCR relative wetlab skills
- 1 – 3 years of relevant wet-lab and dry-lab experience
- Leadership or potential leadership, teamwork
- We are looking for a highly motivated person, with the enthusiasm necessary to learn and grow with us
- Sitting, standing, must be able to lift and/or carry up to 20 lbs
- Contribute to the success of a growing reality
- Competitive salary based on experience + benefits
- Promotion in 1-2 years for successful candidates
- 20% targeted year-end performance-based bonus
- ESOP Stock Options
- Company benefits (medical, dental, unlimited PTO, 401k, etc.)
- Professional growth: At NuProbe, we believe in people and we foster professional growth
NuProbe is willing to sponsor H1-b work visa for the successful candidate
About NuProbe USA:
NuProbe is a genomics company with proprietary technology to reduce the cost and improve the sensitivity of NGS by 100-fold. NuProbe's technologies have been featured in journals such as Nature Biomedical Engineering, Nature Chemistry, Cancer Discovery, and Nature Communications, in collaboration with collaborators from MD Anderson, Baylor College of Medicine, Thermo Fisher, Oxford Nanopore, and Microsoft Research. To date, NuProbe has raised more than $60M, and its US office based in Houston, TX has over 50 full-time employees. NuProbe's senior management team includes industry veterans from Adaptive Biotechnologies, Thermo Fisher, Nanostring, Roche, and Allergan.