We are currently searching for Medical Officer to provide support to the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is a part-time position with MSC and it is on-site in Bethesda, MD.Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in the review, planning and implementation of clinical trials for the treatment and/or prevention of HIV/AIDS, its co-infections and/or related co-morbidities. This includes evaluating the hypothesis, objectives, study design, feasibility, and regulatory requirements, as well as identifying medical and logistical problems that may impede a study.
- Advise program management of merits and deficiencies in proposed clinical studies.
- Provide subject matter expertise during protocol development leading to review at the Division level and ensures that the concerns raised during the review are addressed by the Protocol Development Team in a timely manner.
- Provide clinical expertise to assist in developing Investigational New Drug (IND) applications. Individuals providing this expertise will be named as reviewer of information relevant to the safety of the drug in question, on line 15 and 16 of the IND application (FDA Form 1571).
- Evaluate annual IND annual reports for medical safety and report findings to RAB.
- Provide medical expertise in protocol follow-up stages for subject safety and protection, reliability of study endpoint data and makes appropriate recommendations to DAIDS’ leadership to ensure trials are conducted according to protocol.
- Provide clinical and scientific information for preparing program communications to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), other government and nongovernmental agencies, pharmaceutical companies and Data Safety Monitoring Boards.
- Conduct site visits, when necessary, to obtain additional data and information for use by federal staff, in the consideration and evaluation of ongoing and future programs.
- Preview serious adverse event (SAE) reports, provide expert medical advice for potential impact of SAEs in ongoing research and participates in the preparation of reports submitted to the FDA.
- Medical Degree in a related field.
- Minimum of twenty (20+) years of clinical and/or research experience is required.
- Experience with the reviewing, planning and implementation processes of clinical trials.
- Experience identifying clinical trial merits and/or deficiencies; and providing subject matter expertise during protocol development phases.
- Effective communication skills are essential for this role.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.