Associate Manufacturing - Nights
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will be in one of the two manufacturing facilities on site at Amgen Rhode Island. Successful candidates will join either AR5 team, focused on ongoing, high-volume production, or the AR30 team, focused on operational readiness and start-up. Qualifications for this role are the same in both facilities.
The on-boarding phase for this role will last 2-6 weeks, during which time successful incumbents will be on an administrative schedule (Monday through Friday, approximately 8am to 5pm). Following the on-boarding phase, the successful incumbent will be expected to join a shift team working a 12-hour shift. The shift pattern will be 7pm-7am with a two-week rotation covering 7 days per week. The rotating shift offers several benefits, with an average of 14 days on shift per month with every other weekend off. In addition, any Sundays worked receive Premium pay.
There are multiple openings for this position.
- Under general supervision, Associate will perform operations in the manufacturing area.
- Operations will be performed according to Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's)
- Associate will perform and monitor critical processes, execute routine validation protocols and regularly draft and revise documents such as Manufacturing Procedures, SOP's and technical reports.
- Associate will also perform basic troubleshooting and assist in the review of documentation for assigned functions.
- May participate on cross-functional teams and represent the manufacturing teams.
- Associate may also have the responsibility of owning deviations/CAPA's.
- In addition, Associate may identify, recommend and implement improvements related to routine functions.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Associate Manufacturing professional we seek is a committed individual with these qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or Associates degree and 4 years of manufacturing or Operations experience or High School diploma/GED and 6 years of manufacturing or Operations experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Science or Engineering
- Knowledge of large-scale biotechnology operations such as purification, cell culture, aseptic processing, etc.
- Knowledge of Single-use Systems
- CFR and Regulatory knowledge
- Mechanical ability/expertise
- Basic statistical mathematical skills
- Ability to interpret and apply GMP knowledge
- Understanding of analytical methods for manufacturing area
- Demonstrated technical writing capability
- Able to demonstrate project management skills and presentation skills
- Ability to understand, apply and evaluate basic chemistry, biology and physical principles
- Basic troubleshooting skills on production equipment
- Experience with Delta V
- Experience with lab equipment/testing
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.