Associate Scientist II, NCE- ARD
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
This individual must independently generate accurate, reliable and reproducible data in a timely manner and demonstrate strong data interpretation skills. The individual must be highly motivated and possess a fundamental understanding of analytical chemistry with the ability to quickly learn and apply various analytical techniques such as chromatography, spectroscopy and wet chemical techniques.
- Planning and perform routine tasks competently and independently within a timely fashion, and generate reliable and consistent results.
- Documentation of experimental activities and results in a GMP compliant fashion using an electronic data acquisition and management systems.
- Analyze and critique results, noting significant deviations from the expected results.
- Troubleshoot experiments and instrumentation.
- Learn and understand new experimental techniques with a curiosity to apply them for unique project / assignment requirements.
- Demonstrate skill in multiple techniques and appropriately modify protocols, as required, to suit the changing needs of research or development sciences.
- Place data in proper scientific context by consulting and citing relevant literature.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in his/her field, preferentially in the analytical areas of quantitative and instrumental analysis.
- Impact projects predominantly through lab and/or pilot plant based activities.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding code of conduct, safety, appropriate handling of materials, controlled drug and radioactive compounds, and GxP compliance, where applicable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in chemistry, analytical chemistry, or related field.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent education, with typically 3 or more years’ experience or Master’s Degree or equivalent education (no additional experience).
- Theoretical and practical knowledge (in chromatography and / or spectroscopy is highly preferred) to carry out job function.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance.
- Learns fast, grasps the "essence" and can change course quickly where indicated.
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo.
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement.
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.