Cyber Security Operations
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Specialist, Security OperationsLive
What you will do
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Specialist, Information Security Operations
LiveWhat you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will own and define Amgen's security 24x7 event handling processes and collaboration with strategic vendors.
- Manage the outsourced 24x7 security event handling service
- Manage and define processes, critical metrics and output of the service
- Coordinate with outsource partner on providing high value/efficient results
- Be the liaison between the 24x7 service and information security service owners and towers
- Management of technologies and processes including issue identification and resolution, integration with other tools, documentation and continuous improvement of the service
- Advise incident responders as they develop and coordinate response, containment and remediation capabilities as appropriate
- Support cyber threat intelligence, security operations and other security teams in day by day activities
- Maintain relationship with vendors and strategic partners
- Participate in audits covering information security services and technologies
What we expect of youWhat we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The creative professional we seek is a self-driven information security professional with these qualifications.
- Minimum 4 years experience in security operations and/or service leading
- Experience with building and documenting information security processes
- Experience working with service providers
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative
- Passionate, collaborative and results oriented
- Effective working with global, virtual teams
- Successful management of multiple priorities
- Detailed knowledge of Windows and/or Linux systems and associated scripting languages
- Preferred certifications: CISSP, GCIH, GSEC
Masters degree and 3 years of Information Security or Information Technology experienceOr
Bachelors degree and 5 years of Information Security or Information Technology experienceOr
Associates degree and 10 years of Information Security or Information Technology experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Security or Information Technology experienceThrive
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.