Manager, Supplier Performance Management
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Manager, Supplier Performance ManagementLive
What you will do
Lets do this! Lets change the world. This vital role will support the R&D Business Operations organization by facilitating the supplier & expense management and supplier oversight integration after an acquisition. R&D Strategy and Operations is looking for a credible portfolio manager to facilitate the detailed integration of activities, primarily supplier and expense management to ensure adherence to Amgens requirements (policies, procedures and SOPs) but may not be limited to these activities. This individual will play a significant role in running the integration working team and partner closely with the R&D lead for acquisitions and integrations. The individual will ensure that best practice project management, functional engagement and close partnership with the Finance, Source to Pay, R&D budget leads, Alliance Management as well as the R&D Budget and Supplier management network to enable the successful integration.
Specific responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Lead and run across R&D functions that are impacted by the integration as it relates to suppliers and expenses.
- Drive operational excellence: design, maintain and drive continuous improvement on integration efforts
- Advance our R&D Supplier and expense management strategy and objectives
- Work with business partners to develop, maintain project scope, achievements, timelines and results
- Supply in developing R&D supplier management goals
- Identify and advise on best practices with R&D functions
- Assess integration performance across R&D and collaborate with other leads
- Create and ensure compliance with Corporate, R&D and Functional tools and processes
- Build and sustain strong partnerships with Alliance Management, Finance & R&D functions
- Handle and coordinate select suppliers depending on category knowledge and experience
- Support in/out-licensing activities
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is adept with these qualifications.Basic Qualification
- Doctorate degree and 2 years of experience in Supplier Performance and/or alliance management OR
- Masters degree and 4 years of proven experience in Supplier Performance and/or alliance management OR
- Bachelors degree and 6 years of experience in Supplier Performance and/or alliance management OR
- Associates degree and 10 years of experience in areas mentioned above OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of experience in areas mentioned above
- 4+ years experience in leading complex projects.
- Extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of supplier and program management methodologies, and change management techniques
- Understanding of pharmaceutical industry landscape and business principles
- Strong problem-solving skills and knowledge of analytical tools within MS Excel, Smartsheet, Tableau, and other software programs
- Extensive experience in Supplier Management and/or Alliance Management
- MBA or business operations degree or equivalent experience in business/operations management
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and proven ability to think and act strategically to support key business decisions
- Excellent analytical skillsability to translate disparate and ambiguous data sets into impactful insights and recommendations
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences, proficient facilitation, problem-solving and change management skills
- Sophisticated knowledge of Smartsheet, Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft Word; working understanding of business intelligence and predictive modeling tools
- Outstanding ability to work collaboratively while balancing a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and contending demands
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.