RefleXion is hiring an HR Specialist to provide key support for our rapidly growing Company! Reporting directly to the Senior Director of HR, the HR Specialist will hold a variety of key responsibilities across all HR systems and partner closely with other G&A teams to provide administrative support to the overall business. The HR Specialist’s main responsibilities include the creation and maintenance of an engaging and efficient onboarding experience, ensuring the accuracy and integrity of all human capital data, and providing related support to all HR operations. This role plays a part in supporting employees throughout the employment lifecycle (recruiting, pre-employment, onboarding, transfer/promotions, termination, etc.). The ideal candidate will be flexible, detailed, creative, collaborative, and interested in growing their HR knowledge and skillsets.
- Serves as the primary HRIS system administrator for HR/Payroll interface, benefits, and reporting.
- Maintains high data integrity including ensuring the correct and timely transfer of data across all systems integrations (e.g. ATS, benefits, Company directory, etc).
- Leads in the processing of all new hires, rehires, terminations, and employment changes (promotions, transfers, title changes, etc.) in Company HRIS; ensure all data is current and accurate.
- Creates and maintains Company databases of personnel files and all related documents for all domestic and international employees.
- Updates internal company documents, systems, and reports including organizational charts, distribution lists, internal Company initiatives, employee referral bonuses and other reports and databases as needed.
- Owns the new hire onboarding experience for all new hires including administering and clearing all pre-employment checks, drafting and sending communications, ensuring accurate completion of all documents including I-9 and other required employment documents, and work cross-functionally with other support teams (IT, Safety, Facilities, and more) to ensure proper orientation of all new hires.
- Responsible for all pre-employment checks including liaison with all vendors, requesting and verifying supporting documents, and providing guidance on all processes and related policies for internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintains employee files and prepares all paperwork for internal transfer/promotions, terminations, and other changes.
- Maintains I-9 and related immigration documents and updates regularly to ensure accuracy and compliance.
- Assists the talent/recruiting function in maintaining accurate and up-to-date candidate and requisition information, internal templates, and communications.
- Cross-trains on key Recruiting, Reception, and Office Manager duties for back-up support purposes, including covering reception desk for rest/meal breaks and as-needed.
- Supports the compliance efforts for records and reporting including audits (internal and external) and other annual compliance reporting (I-9, EEO, Vets 5500, Affirmative Action, Benefit Surveys, 401k Audits etc.).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must be based locally to the San Francisco Bay Area.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in an HR Department in an administrative / back-office capacity.
- Excellent computer and software skills with the ability to learn and troubleshoot new software tools quickly.
- Highly skilled and experienced in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint); experience with MS Sharepoint and Visio a plus.
- 2+ years hands-on experience with an HR, Payroll, Recruiting, or similar human capital system required; experience with ADP Workforce Now and Greenhouse preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including ability to lead presentations.
- Experience with preparing, sending, and collecting regulated documents for signature strongly desired; prior experience with DocuSign a plus.
- Working knowledge of federal, state, and local employment laws with experience ensuring Company policies and procedures are compliant with all regulations; experience with CA employment laws strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and complete projects within specified deadlines. Ability to work under heavy workloads and changing priorities.
- A track record of personal accountability, strong work ethic, integrity, and proven organizational skills with attention to detail.
- A high-energy, self-starter who thrives in a hard-working environment.
- High level of discretion and confidentiality.
Company Benefits and Perks – What you will love about us!
All positions at RefleXion are eligible to receive the same benefits, listed here. We also want to highlight the following perks that add to our collaborative and team-work company culture. As we continue to grow as a company, we strive to have these benefits and perks grow with us – we are so excited for what is in store!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Competitive compensation and stock option package
- Three (3) weeks PTO to start
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- RefleXion Benefit Hub – for company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Free daily on-site lunches
- Kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious snacks and drinks – including espresso and soda machines!
- Company culture building events such as Coffee Chats with the Executives, Friday Afternoon Ice Cream Socials and monthly Book Club
- On-site mobile car wash services weekly
- Electric car charging stations on site