Assoc Director, Immune & Respiratory Diseases Genetics
We are looking for an extremely talented integrative translational immunogenetics scientist to join our Immune, Respiratory, and Infectious Disease Genetics Therapeutic Area Genetics (TAG) team. The goals of this TAG team are to apply human genetics to target discovery, selecting indications for drug programs, and patient/disease stratification through genetic and other “omics” analyses.
In this role, a typical day might include the following:
- Contribute expertise in immunodysregulatory, autoimmune, and infectious diseases, genetics and drug discovery as part of the TAG team that focuses on the development and implementation of innovative translational sciences based on genetics approaches identifying new therapeutic targets.
- Be responsible for systematically mining exome and genome-wide association datasets and integrating these data with data from a variety of sources to support the scientific strategy of the team.
- Contribute to project inception, strategic design, implementation and development closely within Regeneron’s TAG team.
- Provide leadership and scientific knowledge, support investigations and be responsive within cross-functional teams.
Drive innovation and collaborative work and maintain a thorough and current knowledge of the field landscape and literature.
This job might be for you if you:
- Bring innovative thinking to large-scale genetic studies and analysis.
- Have a strong work ethic and are proactive in providing solutions to foster scientific collaborations and drive projects forward within Regeneron.
- Can work closely with multidisciplinary teams to characterize the immune consequences of discovered disease gene variants and ensure objectives are being met across the therapeutic areas.
To be considered for this role, you must have a PhD and >5 years experience in Immunology or Immunogenetics research with deep knowledge of the immunology and genetics of infectious and autoimmune inflammatory diseases. Familiarity with large genetic studies that deliver novel genetic findings and medically relevant gene discoveries. Demonstrated expertise in translational research for immunologic, inflammatory and infectious disorders. Demonstrated ability to manage and collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team, to discover and evolve immunology-related drug discovery pipelines. Experience with the use of WES/GWAS datasets, RNA-Seq, proteomics, metabolomics and other large scale platforms for genomic/proteomics proficiency. Functional knowledge of strategic drug development plans, preferred. Experience with the development of cell-free and cell-based assays to assist small molecule medicinal chemistry program, preferred.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.