R&D Specialist (Tumor Immunology)
Regeneron is seeking a highly skilled and motivated R&D Specialist to join the Immunology and Inflammatory Diseases group. You will contribute to the
discovery and validation of therapeutic cancer immunology targets and
development of therapeutic antibodies that activate the immune system to eradicate tumor cells. The incumbent will be responsible for designing and
carrying out complex in vivo mouse tumor model experiments utilizing both syngeneic and/or xenogeneic tumor models. In addition, they will execute a variety of cell-based in vitro assays to understand mechanisms of action,
including multicolor flow cytometry and ELISA/MSD analyses.
As an R&D Specialist in Inflammation & Immunology, a typical day may include the following:
- Mouse tumor implant (syngeneic and xenogeneic tumor models), tumor growth measurement, injections through various routes (IP, IV, sub-Q), general surgical techniques and the collection of blood and tissue samples.
- Tissue processing and purification of immune cells, in vitro cell based bioassays, tissue cell culture (primary mouse and human cells, tumor cell lines and genetically engineered cell lines)
- Multicolor flow cytometry (FACS), ELISA and MesoScale Discovery (MSD) assays
- Analyzing biological data using FlowJo, Microsoft Excel, GraphPad Prism, and MSD Discovery Workbench software
- Write protocols and study reports, produce and maintain accurate electronic records
- Interpreting, analyzing and presenting data; working in fast-paced, result oriented research environment
- Contribute to project advancement by developing new methods or technologies and troubleshooting
This role may be for you if:
- You are a strong team player
- You are highly organized with an attention to detail which aids in your ability to carry out multiple experiments simultaneously
- You have the ability to use your time effectively, work autonomously and collaboratively, effectively and frequently communicate with colleagues on the team.
To be considered for this role you must have a BS or MS and at least 5 years of experience in immunology or immuno-oncology laboratory to join a highly interactive immunology team. Proven experience working with mice with training in the proper handling and care of mice, mouse tumor implant (syngeneic and xenogeneic tumor models), tumor growth measurement, injections through
various routes (IP, IV, sub-Q), general surgical techniques and the collection of blood and tissue samples is required. Experience with multi-parameter flow cytometry (FACS) analysis, ELISA, MesoScale Discovery technology and cell based bioassays is preferred. Experience with histological techniques is preferred. Proficient computer skills and experience collecting and analyzing biological data on the computer is a necessity. We are seeking experience with Microsoft Office Excel, GraphPad Prism, FACS DIVA software and FlowJo. The candidate will be required to analyze data and interpret results of experiments within the context of research project goals, and work closely with supervisor to prepare and deliver effective oral presentations and reports during internal and inter-departmental meetings.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an expansive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.