Associate Scientist, Analytical Development, Molecular and Cellular Biology
We are seeking an Associate Scientist to join our Molecular Biology group within Analytical Development. The qualified individual should have experience with molecular biology techniques for DNA and RNA extraction and PCR. The candidate will perform lab-based development and validation of molecular biology assays for testing vaccine products. The candidate will be expected to work efficiently with cross-functional teams.
- Perform PCR assays for DNA and RNA detection and characterization of recombinant protein vaccine products in clinical samples
- Extract human and virus RNA and DNA using manual and robotic methods
- Operate Hamilton Vantage workstation for execution of high-throughput sample analysis
- Perform job responsibilities in compliance with GLP requirements
- Participate in cross-functional workflows
- Accurately report results and methods, troubleshoot assays, and meet regulatory expectations for analytics
- Contribute to preparation of standard operating procedures, method development reports, and qualification/validation protocols and reports
- Maintain effective communication with team members
- Seek guidance from colleagues and manager when required
- Frequently present results and status updates to management
- The individual is expected to contribute and participate in general laboratory maintenance activities (such as ensure lab equipment is functional and compliant, managing laboratory waste).
- Stay current on all departmental and corporate training.
- Bachelor's Degree in biological science/biochemistry/molecular biology.
- Minimum of 1 year experience in molecular biology laboratory and PCR.
- Experience working in a highly regulated laboratory environment
- Knowledge of current Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs)
- Ability to work independently and prioritize work assignments
- Ability to work in a matrixed environment with shared resources and effectively communicate across teams
- Excellent record keeping abilities to adequately record and document analytical data generated in support of regulatory requirements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to collaborate and work in team environment
- Good Computer skills including word processing, Excel, PowerPoint and relevant scientific software
Lifting, sitting, standing, walking, bending, ability to perform mathematical calculations and ability to perform complex data analysis
OTHER JOB DETAILS
Eligible for Relocation Package
Eligible for Employee Referral Bonus
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Research and Development