GCEx Project Operations Specialist
AbbVie’s mission is to discover and deliver innovative medicines that solve serious health issues today and address the medical challenges of tomorrow. We strive to have a remarkable impact on people’s lives across several key therapeutic areas: immunology, oncology, neuroscience, eye care, virology, women’s health and gastroenterology, in addition to products and services across its Allergan Aesthetics portfolio. For more information about AbbVie, please visit us at www.abbvie.com. Follow @abbvie on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and LinkedIn.
Within Global Customer Excellence (GCEx), the Project Operations Specialist serves as partner to the business to support various operational activities. Ensures smooth logistical support of vendor management, including vendor setup, contracting maintenance and closure. Partners with business owners as well as cross-functionally with purchasing and finance to proactively manage stakeholder expectations. Demonstrates the ability to work independently to solve operational problems while also identifying issues or decisions for management to review.
- Responsible for executing the end-to-end contracting process for GCEx, including assistance with vendor setup, contract creation, purchase order issuance, maintenance activities and purchase order closure.
- Ensures contract setup and execution is performed efficiently and meets stakeholder timelines, in collaboration with the business owner, purchasing and finance.
- Oversees purchase order tracking and reconciliation, including communication with business owners to collect relevant data needed to support budget estimates and accruals evidence.
- Understands purchasing processes and requirements to advise business owners on templates and process steps (Statement of Work, Master Service Agreement, Work Order, etc).
- Collaborates with finance and purchasing to investigate and resolve invoicing issues.
- Responsible for monitoring PO spend and tracking progress. Maintains tracking documentation on status, issues and spend. Proactively communicates with business owners to update contracts as needed for business continuity.
- Provides on-going support to stakeholders on contracting processes. Responsible to maintain supporting documentation, such as work instructions and job aids.
- Supports internal process efficiency projects and operational activities within the GCEx organization.
High School diploma or equivalent
Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
Demonstrated ability to work independently and solve problems
Individual must have great follow-up and organizational skills
Proficient with Microsoft Office products, including Excel
Experience working in a matrix environment
Experience in pharmaceuticals or other regulated industry with an emphasis on the business (contracting, outsourcing, finance)
Experience with vendor management, understanding of purchasing policy and contracts
Significant Work Activities
Continuous sitting for prolonged periods (more than 2 consecutive hours in an 8 hour day)
Job Level Code
Equal Employment Opportunity
At AbbVie, we value bringing together individuals from diverse backgrounds to develop new and innovative solutions for patients. As an equal opportunity employer we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristic.