Sr. Manager, Business Systems Analysis - Global Commercial Operations
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Sr. Manager, Business Systems Analysis - Global Commercial Operations will play a lead role in the capture of business requirements for systems leveraged by the BioMarin Commercial Business Intelligence team. This position will play a partnership role, working closely with all Commercial stakeholders such as Field Teams, Brand Marketing, Global and Regional Operations, and Patient Services teams. Our ideal candidate will have the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and drive them through to successful completion.
This role will translate business requirements into technical solution designs for CRM systems, Power BI reports and the underlying data warehouse. This person will utilize quantitative/analytical skills to facilitate logical business process design for challenging business questions and data/process problems. This position’s primary objective will be to help the BI team deliver innovative solutions that improve business efficiency and productivity as well as support business strategic initiatives and goals. This individual will lead the process of business requirements gathering and provide support in analytics solution design, and aide in end user training.
- Drive cross-functional analytics, integration and CRM projects from beginning to end
- Develop an understanding of business processes/patient journey to better propose solutions
- Analyze user enhancement requests to deliver solutions focused on establishing and improving business processes that improve efficiency, address process gaps, and enable automation
- Define project scope and deliverables to support business goals in collaboration with senior management and commercial stakeholders
- Liaise with our IT partners, patient services providers, data aggregators and other business partners to deliver various commercial BI projects
- Build relationships with key Commercial business stakeholders across marketing, field, forecasting, specialty pharmacy operations and patient services to enable smooth execution of the projects
- Develop and manage project timelines
- Monitor project progress by tracking work activity using JIRA; resolve problems, publish status reports and recommended next steps
- Perform ad hoc analytics as needed to support priority projects
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent (Masters preferred)
- 7+ years of experience in a Business Analyst, Project Management, Business Intelligence/Data Analyst Role within an Analytics team, preferably working with Commercial data sets
- 3+ years of experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry (preferred), ideally in sales operations
- Excellent analytical, project management and communication skills are essential
- Exceptional qualitative, quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Experience with the following applications and resources desired: Microsoft Power BI, Tableau Desktop (or other visualization tool), Salesforce.com, Microsoft SQL Server BI Suite
- Experience transcribing business requirements, creating project plans, technical specifications and managing technical projects
- Experience with data management, data architecture, ETL, process design and data warehouse principles
- Absent a medical or religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated.
Skills and Proficiencies
- Business Analysis
- Product Management
- Data Analysis
- Systems Documentation
- Project Management
- Agile Methodologies
- Process Improvement
- SQL experience
- BI Tools (PowerBI, Tableau, etc.)
- Big Picture Thinking
- Work Well Under Pressure
- Problem Solving
- Critical Thinking
- Relationship Building
PLEASE NOTE: Absent a Medical or Religious reason that prohibits vaccinations, all our incoming employees must be vaccinated for COVID-19.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.