Scientist / Sr. Scientist, Medicinal Chemistry
SiteOne Therapeutics is a well-funded, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing treatments for hypersensitivity disorders of the nervous system such as acute and chronic pain, cough and epilepsy. Our drug candidates are exquisitely selective inhibitors of voltage-gated sodium ion channels that are under investigation by systemic and local routes of administration. SiteOne is headquartered in South San Francisco, CA with additional capabilities in Bozeman, MT. An opportunity is currently available for a talented scientist to join the medicinal chemistry team in South San Francisco (On-site).
To apply, please email a CV and cover letter.
- Design, synthesize and characterize novel small molecule drug candidates
- Closely follow and integrate the results of biological and ADME characterization into lead optimization strategies
- Perform experiments to define new chemical routes to compounds, scaffolds and intermediates of interest
- Provide regular progress updates to chemistry and cross-functional project teams
- Stay abreast of the scientific literature and closely monitor the competitive patent landscape
- Contribute to the preparation of technical documents including patent applications and publications
- A MS, PhD or equivalent degree with a focus on organic or medicinal chemistry
- Expertise in complex, multi-step organic synthesis and/or reaction methodology development
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to rapidly integrate emerging biological, ADME and other lead profiling data into compound design strategy
- 0–7 years of relevant post-degree work experience
- A track record, as demonstrated by publications and/or patent applications, that shows technical proficiency, scientific creativity, teamwork, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Legally authorized to work in the US