Personal Property Technician
We are currently searching for a Personal Property Technician to provide support and oversee property disposal process. Ensures surplus property is labeled for pick-up system records updated. Secures storing excess property; coordinates with Property Custodial Officers (PCOs) to collect surplus pick-up. Assists PCOs with accountable property management in accordance with regulations/procedures. Assists PCOs with annual inventories. Assists with using the organizations Property Management Portal. Ensures that PCOs affix NIH decals to all accountable property. Ensures PCOs enter all personal property prior to its usage by end user. Assists PCOs by regularly reviewing accountable property in the property management inventory system. Perform property scans for inventory audits. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Baltimore, MD.Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide on-site support for inventories and reconciliation processes throughout the year; work with staff to search for missing property
- Work with staff to search for missing property, scan or re-scan for missing property
- Promptly report any lost, damaged, destroyed or found property; assist with the creation and submission of Report of Survey forms for lost property
- Develop relationships with laboratory staff to determine the proper location and most accountable user for scientific and IT equipment
- Serve as a resource to assigned programs and administrative staff for property management policies and procedures
- Work with staff on the opening, decaling and delivery of equipment to program areas
- Coordinate with IT specialist on any devices that have been turned in for surplus or from users retiring, being terminated, laid off or who will no longer need the device
- Perform tasks related to property management to maintain proper accountability for personal property records for multiple custodial areas
- Coordinate and conduct decaling of new accountable and non-accountable equipment property
- Utilize an electronic property management database to record property transactions
- Ensure that the property transactions are accurately entered in the NBS property system and that substantiating documents are created and maintained for an audit trail
- Maintain computerized inventory system; record relevant information including serial numbers, model numbers, manufacturers name, building and room numbers, and accountable users names; enter decals and overages; add records into the property system
- Provide support and assistance to the Property Specialist during property inventory, including, but not limited to, assisting property custodians, locating missing inventory scanning property items and running reports
- Perform the daily transactions regarding property accountability; including updating databases used to record new acquisitions, loaned equipment, and proper disposal of equipment
- Prepare, review and maintain accurate and complete records of property management
- Review, process, oversee and transfer surplus property; ensure that internal guidelines, policies and procedures are followed
- Recommend program improvements to NIA officials concerning current policies and procedures
# SOARRequirements Skills
- Personal Property Receipt, Management, Inventory, and Disposal
- Tracking and reconciliation
- Inventory reconciliation
- Supply and equipment requisitions/acquisitions
- Minimum Education: Associate’s Degree in General Business
- At least 1-2 years of experience
Due to our contractual requirements and federal orders, including an Executive Order from the White House and an emergency regulation from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the position for which you are applying requires that you provide proof of your vaccination status. If you are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief, you may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement which shall be reviewed after the submission of requested documentation. If an accommodation is granted, the conditions may include weekly testing and masking. All Guidehouse employees also agree to follow any additional health and safety mitigation policies that may be required in the workplace.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.