Clinical Nurse Practitioner
We are currently searching for a Clinical Nurse Practitioner to provide support to the National Institute of Mental Health (NIMH) as well as to provide scientific expertise to conceptualize, develop, and provide recommendations on clinical and healthcare related issues; participate on a team of clinical advisors.
This opportunity is 29 hours per week, and it is on site in Bethesda, MD. This position may require, night, on-call, or rotational shifts.Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and coordinate curriculum, manuscripts, and speeches on clinical advising.
- Develop communication for healthcare providers and participate in clinical and healthcare related meetings and conferences.
- Train staff and fellows on diagnostic interviewing procedures for health and behavior.
- Monitor and assist interns in recruiting healthy subjects and patients to ensure that potential subjects meet the medical inclusion criteria of the Lab of Brain Cognition.
- Provide continual medical education to staff to facilitate consistency in recruitment of Healthy volunteers and compliance with HIPPA regulations and general patient privacy.
- Perform physical examinations; place medical orders; review laboratory results for normal and abnormal findings.
- Perform psychiatric and medical assessments of all potential research subjects, when warranted, assist subjects with referrals to the appropriate mental health and medical specialists in their community. After identifying problems discuss issues with Principal Investigators to inform them of potential issues and make recommendations for exclusion of the subject from participation in protocols. When appropriate, contact Mental Health Staff for further intervention for suicide risk.
- Review patients charts to collect relevant clinical data such as laboratory test results and psychiatric history; alter treatment regimens in keeping with research protocols when appropriate including changes in dosage of protocol medications, suspension of patient’s participation in a protocol, order additional diagnostic tests, refer patient to a standard treatment in a community setting.
- Analyze recurring trends that might result in new protocols or modifications of existing protocols.
- Assist during brain imaging studies; medically clear subjects for participation in protocols; insert and draw blood from a venous catheter; provide comfort and reassurance to subjects.
- Perform comprehensive patient services as appropriate, including writing admission, transfer and discharge orders; order and interpret diagnostic tests; document thorough in-depth progress notes and dictation summaries.
- Assume direct patient care responsibilities for data collection administration of mood and behavioral scales and patient education and counseling.
- Receive and respond to inquiries from referring physicians, private hospital staff and patients regarding the diagnosis and eligibility for research protocols.
- Coordinate and ensure the collection of specimens and testing needed for all studies.
- Maintain contact with patients and referring physicians to explain patient’s condition and symptoms; interpret results of laboratory tests; discuss the future status of patients who have participated in the studies.
- Follow up on patients throughout study to schedule tests, follow up exams, transportation, and admissions.
- Present data at clinical staff meetings.
- Master of Science in Nursing
- ANCC certification
- Nurse Practitioner License
- At least 3 years of experience
- Strong communication skills.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and time management skills.
Due to our contractual requirements and federal orders, including an Executive Order from the White House and an emergency regulation from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the position for which you are applying requires that you provide proof of your vaccination status. If you are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief, you may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement which shall be reviewed after the submission of requested documentation. If an accommodation is granted, the conditions may include weekly testing and masking. All Guidehouse employees also agree to follow any additional health and safety mitigation policies that may be required in the workplace.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.