HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this dynamic role you will lead a team of scientists and associates and provide technical leadership and be responsible for conducting platform-based experiments, developing drug product processes and assessing biologics that include fusion proteins, mAbs, scFvs, siRNAs and multi-specifics. Responsibilities include:
- Provide scientific, technical and managerial leadership to enable preclinical formulation development, lead optimization and form selection of therapeutic candidates to meet Target Product Profiles and preferred product presentations for protein-based biologics
- Conduct biopharmaceutical assessments utilizing predictive in vitro assays to support molecule assessment, format selection, and formulation development, identifying development strategies
- Serve as subject matter expert in drug product stability characterization and formulation including process development and represent several therapeutic portfolio programs as functional expert and as team lead
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in bispecific formats, fit-for-purpose screening assays to select optimal modules
- Support early clinical development for liquid and lyophilized dosage forms and technical transfers to support clinical manufacturing (GMP).
- Strong commitment to process excellence and right the first time mindset
- Contribute to regulatory filings including IND/INDa and assist in answering questions from regulatory authorities as needed.
- Guide and mentor others on day to day performance, long term career development and through change.
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with relevant internal and external customers and partners
- Exemplary compliance mindset in meeting business needs and organizations goals
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The Science professional we seek is a collaborative partner with these qualifications.
- Doctorate degree & 3 years of scientific experience OR Masters degree & 6 years of scientific experience OR Bachelors degree & 8 years of scientific experience
- Doctorate in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Pharmaceutical Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry or other relevant sciences with 8+ years of industry experience
- Proven 8+ years of track record in problem solving and trouble shooting in bio-therapeutics discovery/development environment; ability to independently identify, develop and implement scientific solutions to practical problems
- Strong expertise in multi-specifics characterization
- Track record of innovation; demonstrated eminence in the scientific community through a sustained record of peer reviewed publications and patents
- Motivated self-starter with excellent interpersonal and organizational skills; Excellent verbal communication and scientific writing skills
- Project and People Leadership experience of progressively increased scope and a ability to inspire and lead a group of scientists to deliver on complex and challenging objectives in defined timelines would be strong plus
- Demonstrated success working with diverse team members in a dynamic, cross-functional environments and ability to learn and act at a rapid pace including effective cross-functional communication skills with a sense of urgency
- Strong focus on mentoring, motivating and providing career and scientific/technical advice to staff
- Ability to think strategically to align and identify needs with incoming portfolio opportunities
- Flexibility to be able to work in a cross-functional, multi-disciplinary environment
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.