Principal Scientist - Antibody Drug Conjugate
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision transforming patients lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
Principal Scientist, Antibody Drug Conjugate
We seek a highly motivated individual with strong biologics and chemistry background to join the Protein Engineering group. The successful candidate will have a key role on cross-functional teams advancing new drugs. The Senior Scientist will drive innovation, work independently, and contribute to the development of cutting-edge antibody drug conjugates for the treatment of multiple cancer indications.
- Design, produce, and characterize antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs) with a high degree of independence in support of discovery and development of novel biotherapeutics.
- Collaborate with a diverse team of biologists and chemists to answer scientific questions and drive forward new therapies.
- Leverage knowledge of bioconjugation, medicinal chemistry and protein engineering to develop new therapeutic ADC technology.
- Serve as Discovery Biotherapeutics representative to advance programs through different stages of development.
- Present program updates and data at meetings.
- Contribute to patents, publications, and technical reports.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry or Chemistry or related discipline with 5+ years of relevant academic or industry experience.
- Experience in bioconjugation methods (lysine, inter-chain cysteine and/or site-specific cysteine and other) is required.
- Experience in production, purification and characterization of ADCs on research scale (0.5-15 mg) and medium scales (100-500 mg) is required.
- Experience in protein expression and purification on AKTA platforms.
- Experience in development of purification strategies using various chromatographic techniques such as affinity, size exclusion, ion-exchange, hydrophobic interaction, and tangential flow filtration.
- Experience in analytical characterization of ADCs including SEC, RP-HPLC, LC-MS, CE-SDS, ELISA, DSC, and HIC.
- Individual with strong chemistry knowledge to help in optimization of payloads and linker-payloads is preferred.
- Demonstrated record of scientific accomplishments and publications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to interpret results and contribute to multidisciplinary biologics discovery teams.
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to multitask with creative problem solving abilities.
Level will be commensurate with experience.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.