Scientist Antibody Discovery
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision transforming patients lives through science.In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision transforming patients lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
We are seeking a Scientist / Senior Scientist with hands-on experience in antibody discovery using hybridoma and/or B-cell approaches to support therapeutic biologics programs and reagent antibody generation. Responsibilities will include designing and executing on immunization and screening strategies to generate panels of antibodies that meet the required criteria as well as diverse panels of antibody sequences and epitopes where needed. The candidate must have in-depth knowledge of current state-of-the art antibody generation technologies and be able to apply this to practice at the bench. In depth understanding of immunology, cell biology, and molecular biology is needed as well as a thorough understanding of approaches to manipulate immune response and characterize antibodies (both binding assays and sequence analysis).
- Design and execute on antibody discovery goals utilizing hybridoma and/or B cell approaches.
- Design and execute on approaches to target immune responses to the antigens and epitopes of interest and collaborate with project teams, protein engineering, and HTS and Automation groups for immunogen design and efficient antibody screening cascades.
- Utilize multiple in-house platforms as needed to meet program requirements, guide project teams towards appropriate technologies or platforms as needed.
- Integrate data from multiple sources (binding, epitope, sequences, and functional characterization) to generate a complete data package for antibody hit/lead selection
- Responsible for delivering both data analysis packages as well as purified antibodies to project teams
- Maintain detailed records of all experiments in ELN and using in-house databases and tracking systems.
- Communicate with project teams and other stakeholders to ensure that antibody programs are executed efficiently.
- Trouble-shoot and optimize protocols and propose creative solutions to improve efficiency to existing processes.
- Proactively evaluate new technologies, instrumentation, and assays available from the literature or scientific meetings to improve in-house platforms.
- Scientist level: BS, MS or PhD degree in a relevant scientific discipline (biology, immunology, biochemistry, cell biology etc.). PhD with 0-2 years, or MS with 2+ years, orBS with 6+ years of industry or academic experience.
- Demonstrated experience successfully executing antibody generation using hybridoma approaches and/or B-cell approaches to identify antibody panels is required.
- Extensive experience with antibody binding and functional assays, especially ELISA, biosensor, multi-color flow cytometry, blocking and Agonistic functional assays is required.
- Experience with PCR, molecular cloning, and transfection of mammalian cells is a plus.
- Strong experience in Excel, Graphpad Prism, flow cytometry analysis software is required. Familiarity with DNA analysis applications (Vector NTI, Geneious) for antibody sequences is a plus.
- Strong focus, motivation, and commitment to hands-on lab work is required.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work and thrive in a collaborative, cross-functional team-oriented.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Physical presence at the BMS worksite or physical presence in the field is an essential job function of this role which the Company deems critical to collaboration, innovation, productivity, employee well-being and engagement, and enhances the Company culture.
To protect the safety of our workforce, customers, patients and communities, the policy of the Company requires all employees and workers in the U.S. and Puerto Rico to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless they have received an exception based on an approved request for a medical or religious reasonable accommodation. Therefore, all BMS applicants seeking a role located in the U.S. and Puerto Rico must confirm that they have already received or are willing to receive the full COVID-19 vaccination by their start date as a qualification of the role and condition of employment. This requirement is subject to state and local law restrictions and may not be applicable to employees working in certain jurisdictions such as Montana. This requirement is also subject to discussions with collective bargaining representatives in the U.S.
Our company is committed to ensuring that people with disabilities can excel through a transparent recruitment process, reasonable workplace adjustments and ongoing support in their roles. Applicants can request an approval of accommodation prior to accepting a job offer. If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application or if you are applying to a role based in the U.S. or Puerto Rico and you believe that you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief, during or any part of the recruitment process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org. Visit careers.bms.com/eeo-accessibility to access our complete Equal Employment Opportunity statement.
Any data processed in connection with role applications will be treated in accordance with applicable data privacy policies and regulations.