IM Health & Science System Specialist (HSSS) Cleveland E, OH
All over the world, Pfizer colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. Pfizer, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Our Health and Science System Specialists Team provides leadership across patient care settings in the complex Hospital, Health System, and Key Medical Group environment to bring value to our customers and patients in this dynamic ecosystem.
The Health and Science System Specialist (HSSS) is responsible for launching new products, deciding on optimal strategies for managing business relationships, understanding formulary access, and engaging in product promotion within assigned accounts. In addition, the rep is charged with sales efforts and relationship development with assigned customers and accounts, including Therapeutic Area Specialists and Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs).
The HSSS should possess customer, market and business acumen combined with strong product and disease state knowledge; demonstrate strong sales, promotional and strategic business development and management skills and in-depth customer engagement expertise in both virtual and in-person settings, utilize a systematic approach to virtual engagement (e.g., clear agenda, next steps/follow ups); have outstanding communications skills and be adept in the operation of digital and virtual tools/multi-platforms skills; with the ability to effectively work remotely in coordination with cross-functional internal teams to address customer needs and compliantly deliver on Pfizer business objectives.
The HSSS specifically calls on two sets of account-based customers to achieve business objectives:
- Health Systems and their Affiliates, including, but not limited to, Academic Medical Centers, Medical Groups, Centers of Excellence and Community Hospitals
- Scaled account-based medical groups and institutions, including but not limited to, Medical Groups, Community Hospitals and Hospital Systems
Responsibilities include gaining access to, calling on, and educating high value clinicians, key targets, influencers, and decision makers within Health systems and/or their assigned accounts. In addition, this representative will also seek opportunities to compliantly gather customer and market insights, manage business relationships, understand formulary access, and engage in product promotion within their assigned accounts and/or across aligned health system affiliates.
Sales responsibilities include relationship development with aligned and affiliated physician targets, KOLs, pharmacists, transition of care advocates, quality directors, pharmacy buyers and other prescription enablers within health system owned institutions, medical groups, and surrounding hospital service areas or within aligned acute care and medical group accounts.
Clinical knowledge includes in-depth expertise in or demonstrated ability to learn current promotional therapeutic areas utilized both in ambulatory and in-patient settings. Demonstrate strong selling skills, broad knowledge of payer dynamics, competitors, and associated disease states. The HSSS is involved in local market planning and implementation of key initiatives within these systems and accounts and coordinates compliantly with Pfizer’s Key Account Managers and Medical Outcomes & Analytics through the IAT as needed.
- Ability to effectively identify and implement the most efficient virtual/in-person engagement strategies by customer to maximize overall effectiveness and impact. Develops and implements effective business and territory call plans and adapts based on self-identified opportunities and insights.
- Strategically builds rapport and relationships with KOL’s and customers across virtual and F2F environments; demonstrates advanced capabilities toward call objectives (e.g., pre call planning, selling skills, clear next steps and appropriate documentation, managing to KPIs); elevated ability to utilize digital tools effectively (e.g., Veeva Engage, Zoom, WebEx, Microsoft Office) as well as adapts quickly to new/beta tools (e.g., digital triage app) for successful customer engagement; proactively leverages analytics to assist with developing insights and next best action plans
- Compliantly engage key customers to grow business and drive product demand by proactively providing education that, in colleague’s judgment, best meet HCP and patients’ needs
- Utilizes a customer centric approach to develop and deliver relevant, targeted messaging utilizing approved materials via customer engagement to drive product demand (ask the HCP to change their prescribing behavior/close sales) and leverages account priorities to drive a positive business outcome; proactively provides insights for the development of new and innovative approved product messaging and resources
- Utilizes enhanced product and disease state knowledge to appropriately educate providers on unbranded and branded product value proposition for relevant patient populations and effectively utilizes approved clinically oriented disease state information, as applicable)
- Creates meaningful impact with HCPs and directs office staff to plan for customer engagements in multiple formats (e.g., virtual and in-person)
- Optimizes customer engagements for strategic deployment of approved Pfizer resources to support provider and patient’s needs
- Demonstrates strong patient focus in supporting patients’ ability to access Pfizer products by providing relevant information to HCPs on Reimbursement, Patient Assistant Program (PAP), Pfizer hub programs, and Co-Pay Resources
- Advanced ability to present terms of sale of product or existing contract terms where appropriate and with approved language; proactively answer on-label questions; proactively introduce customers to future state Pfizer on-demand portal (Galaxy) with access to appropriate targeted content
- Collaborates effectively and compliantly with cross-functional colleagues, including Field Medical, Reimbursement and Key Account Management, to address customer inquiries and advance Pfizer objectives. Able to use triaging protocols and digital apps to create rapid connections with appropriate SMEs to address customer inquiries
- Effectively use calendaring tools, leadership goals, and personal insights to address customer priorities calls effectively; and bring insights from customer surveys to leadership to improve model
- Deep knowledge of applicable institutions/ organizations/health systems/target HCPs
- Drive sales in assigned Health System and/or accounts to include affiliated institutions, Medical Groups and HCPs
- Contributes to the productivity and effectiveness of the IAT, including generating and sharing insights, relationship management, pull through where appropriate.
- Understands and navigates the ongoing changes in the healthcare landscape
- Influences customers by uncovering needs and communicating persuasively
- Understands Stakeholder Mapping and the Patient Journey
- Understands how to utilize insights towards local planning
- Develop strategic account selling and management skills
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 3 years of previous Pharmaceutical biotech or medical marketing/promotional/sales, or relevant experience
- Have a history of marketing, promotional or sales success, strong territory management skills, outstanding communications skills, as well as demonstrated teamwork, leadership ability and accountability
- Must live within 25 miles of the border of the territory
- Valid US driver’s license and a driving record in compliance with company standards
- Demonstrated leadership across peer groups with the ability to sell within specialized market where third-party reimbursement and service center has been utilized
- Advanced knowledge of disease states, therapeutic areas, and products
- Strategic account marketing, promotional, sales and management skills. Develop comprehensive territory/account/customer plans to drive achievement of desired objectives.
- Maintain relationships throughout key institutions and/or key group practices.
- Strategically overcome obstacles to gain access to difficult to see health care providers and customers.
- Cultivate relationships with KOLs; build lasting relationships with top priority customers
- Assess needs of target physicians/accounts, Address needs with responsive approach, targeted skills, and appropriate resources
- Superior marketing, promotional, sales, technical and relationship building skills
- Consistent, demonstrated track record of assessing account needs and bringing relevant information and resources to drive performance
- Demonstrated track record of strong business acumen, problem solving, strategic thinking, data analytical skills and project management skills, as well as excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Advanced ability to engage, influence and support customers throughout the marketing, promotional and sales process, excellent communication, and interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Enhanced change agility to quickly learn and embrace new ways of working in a rapidly changing environment.
- Advanced Strategic ability to work in a matrix environment and to leverage multiple resources to meet customer needs and deliver results.
- Demonstrated track record of strong leadership, cross functional leadership, collaboration, and effective utilization of available resources to drive performance.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills are also required and ability to analyze and draw appropriate conclusions using sales data/call reporting software/applications and able to adapt to Pfizer’s long-range technology adapting and learning to use new technology to deliver in bringing Pfizer information to market
- Change agile and able to adapt quickly to workplace changes
- Exceptional time management, and planning and organizing skills
NON-STANDARD WORK SCHEDULE, TRAVEL OR ENVIRONMENT REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to travel to all accounts/office locations within territory
- Depending on size of territory and business need, candidates may be required to stay overnight as necessary
- Last Date to Apply for Job: January 27, 2022
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Sales#LI-Remote #LI-PFE