Registered Nurse Contact Tracer
We are currently searching for a Registered Nurse Contact Tracer to provide support through the provision of a variety of work-related medical and counseling services. With the COVID-19 pandemic, they are supporting the testing program, reporting positive result cases and performing contact tracing for the NIH workforce in conjunction with the Clinical Center Hospital Epidemiology Service. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Bethesda, MD.Duties & Responsibilities
- Work closely with OMS and the Contact Tracing staff to follow up on positive index cases through the symptomatic testing process in Bethesda, the asymptomatic surveillance testing sites and community reports Focus is on the NIH workforce
- Calling contacts and speaking to them according to the OMS script for notification, ensuring the privacy and confidentiality of the index case to the greatest extent possible
- Advise if contacts need to be placed on active monitoring, and if needed when testing is recommended Provide appropriate resources and information Follow SOP for contacting these individuals to ensure consistency with OMS policies
- Complete all relevant forms in detail, legibly and proficiently, returning to the contact tracing daily coordinator at the end of each shift If any investigations are incomplete, the coordinator must be notified
- Follow up on submitted OMS Coronavirus Screening Questionnaires, and assist with scheduling persons for testing, if needed
- Provide support to the NIH Call Center, providing advice and clinical support to persons with COVID related symptom and exposure questions
- Assist with notifications for return to work, guidance on return-to-work policies now is symptomatic based
- Support OMS administrative, medical duties as needed
- Ad hoc support for the Covid booster clinic and Covid testing site
- On a rotating basis with other contact tracers, serve as daily case coordinator Assign positive index cases to contact tracers on duty each day; Review submitted case reports at end of each day and follow up with contact tracers as needed; Provide leadership a summary of cases completed that day; Serve as a resource to on duty contact tracers; Communicate any challenges or issues to team manager
- Empathetic, curious and kind, good bedside manner
- Detail oriented, and familiar with computer programs
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Highly comfortable with Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel78
- MS Office
- Minimum Education: Associate’s Degree in Nursing
- Minimum of four (4) years of Nursing experience with CPR certification
Due to our contractual requirements and federal orders, including an Executive Order from the White House and an emergency regulation from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), the position for which you are applying requires that you provide proof of your vaccination status. If you are unable to receive the COVID-19 vaccine for medical reasons or because of a sincerely held religious belief, you may request an exemption from the vaccination requirement which shall be reviewed after the submission of requested documentation. If an accommodation is granted, the conditions may include weekly testing and masking. All Guidehouse employees also agree to follow any additional health and safety mitigation policies that may be required in the workplace.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.