Commercial Forecasting Manager
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Commercial Forecasting Manager
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will lead US and Global Oncology demand forecasting with the focus on solid tumors both inline and pipeline. This role will report to the Oncology Commercial Forecasting Senior Manager within the Global Commercial Data & Analytics organization.
- Independently craft, prepare, and maintain patient and demand-based forecasts and scenarios for US in-line products and global pipeline assets aligned to the needs of cross functional collaborators
- Independently contribute to regular forecast cycles including quarterly brand and annual long-range brand and pipeline forecasts
- Independently use forecasts to support pipeline decision making and to respond to ad-hoc forecast requests
- Independently perform in-depth data analysis to build robust assumptions and forecast inputs
- Lead collaboration with internal cross functional partners to obtain relevant data and analysis for forecast inputs
- Demonstrate solid biopharma environment understanding to deliver brand and asset level insights from analytics and forecasts
- Confidently present and defend forecast approach, methodology, assumptions, and output at the executive level
- to the advancement and implementation of new forecast approaches and methodology
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is an independent and analytical individual with these qualifications.
Master's degree and 2 years of forecasting or analytics experience
Bachelor's degree and 4 years of forecasting or analytics experience
Associates degree and 10 years of forecasting or analytics experienceOr
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of forecasting or analytics experience
- Strong technical skills in an array of analytics, forecast models and approaches
- Strong strategic / critical thinking abilities and eye for business
- Experience in the biopharmaceutical or life science industries
- Broad, working knowledge of commonly used biopharmaceutical industry databases
- Relevant therapeutic area / disease knowledge and experience
- Global experience
- Strong oral, written and presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences
- Ability to balance multiple complex projects simultaneously
- Ability to function with limited direction
- Good facilitation, negotiation, problem-solving and conflict resolution skills
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.