VP, Enterprise Architecture
The Vice President of Enterprise Architecture is responsible for translating the Pfizer Strategy into innovative products and digital, data, analytics and technology business solutions for our customers, partners, and colleagues across all Digital.
The VP leads the Enterprise Architecture and master plan with focus that integrates experiences, data, workflows, capabilities, applications, connectivity, cyber and infrastructure services. This role leads the development of horizontal cross functional strategies, developing enterprise blueprints, plans, and standards. In addition, the VP has direct responsibility for architecture services and capabilities for all horizontal cross functional disciplines, including Data and Analytics, Platforms, Infrastructure and Security.
The VP of Enterprise Architecture works across the global Pfizer enterprise and healthcare ecosystem to build digital products, platforms or solutions that drive the greatest value and are in alignment with our business priorities.
Enterprise Architecture and Strategy
- Establish, prioritize, and maintain the overall Enterprise Architecture strategy and approach for Pfizer, engaging all Pfizer Digital functions in alignment, co-creation, and on-going partnership.
- Lead an organization responsible to work horizontally across the Digital practices to build, maintain and govern the execution of the enterprise blueprints, emerging tech radar and trends, architecture principles, standards, and tools.
- Develop and promote modern architectural approaches that encourage value exchange with partners and customers, digitization of processes, business connectivity, and partner collaboration.
- Lead analysis of leading and emerging technology and market trends to determine their impact and opportunities for the enterprise architecture with focus on Digital capabilities and innovations to enable Pfizer business strategy.
- Oversee and guide architecture practices and delivery in cross functional strategies and efforts. Perform an involved advisory role on complex cross-functional initiatives. Develop communication and change management strategies and optimization across the various groups and functions.
Data and Analytics Architecture
- Lead an organization responsible for enterprise data and analytics architecture, providing thought leadership and architecture services for all aspects of data and analytics, including data platforms, data services, advanced analytics, data visualizations, master data management, knowledge engineering, real world data, data acquisition, integration, machine learning and AI.
- Lead cross- functional enterprise-wide strategies for data and analytics, in partnership with Advanced Analytics, Platforms, Data and Learning Creation Center and other Pfizer groups.
- Expand the organization’s data and analytics offerings, with focus on emerging analytical approaches, skills and technologies to enable business innovation.
- Initiate and oversee strategic efforts to identify, develop and host data and information services that reach across domains, support reuse of internal and external data, and build trust in data and analytical information, improving data access and usability to accelerate scientific and business insights.
- Lead a team of data and analytics architects responsible for research, analysis, design, and delivery of solution architectures to support business strategies and priorities across all Pfizer business functions.
Enterprise Platforms and Ecosystem Architecture
- Initiate, champion, and govern Digital platform-centric delivery strategy, scaling use of strategic platforms to deliver new business strategies and capabilities.
- Cultivate technical expertise and champion and enable learning, adoption, reskill and reuse across Digital, with focus on scale-ready technologies and approaches, such as DevSecOps, platform-centric delivery, cloud-native approaches, others.
- Partner with the Innovation Lab to identify and scale target innovations and technologies. Establish practices, processes, and platforms, working horizontally across Digital to govern and operationalize new technologies to enable their broad and effective use across Pfizer.
- Lead integration and connectivity practice to drive effective interconnectivity within Pfizer and across broader healthcare ecosystem. Maintain Pfizer’s integration strategy, including architecture of current integration technologies, as well as exploration and adoption of emerging tech and networks, such as blockchain.
- Understand emerging industry and innovative technology trends to effectively prioritize and practically apply existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable new and evolving business and operating models.
- Lead enterprise and solutions architecture programs, processes and execution plans based on business strategy and target outcomes.
Cloud, Infra and Security Architecture
- Lead an organization responsible for the cloud, infrastructure, platforms and security architecture, providing thought leadership and architecture services for all aspects of this domain.
- Drive adoption of an aligned vision for a modern Cloud architecture that supports agility, innovation, and resilience.
- Accelerate the developer community by evolving the technology delivery process from end-to-end, including use of consistent configurations and tooling, embedded risk assessment and security governance, and reusable and composable architectures.
- Adopt a security-first design that embeds robust authentication, hardened infrastructure and resilient connectivity across Cloud and data center environments.
- Frame large-scale, enterprise-wide transformation initiatives, from current state assessments through technical oversight alongside the delivery teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline and 12+ years of pharmaceutical, healthcare or other relevant experience, advanced degree preferred
- 5+ years of architecture leadership roles in design, development, and execution in a global organization
- Strong business acumen, knowledge of Pharma and life sciences, and ability to stay abreast and incorporate innovative and existing technologies
- Expertise in data and analytics, with experience leading data and analytics delivery, strategy or architecture efforts
- Experience leading technology, infra or security organizations, expertise in transformation to cloud.
- Exceptional strategic thought partner, ability to lead in strong co-creation and collaboration with Digital and business partners across Pfizer.
- Demonstrated ability to bring creative ideas and drive digital innovation, leading with the customer in mind; has exceptional judgement about which innovations to pursue; able project how potential ideas may play out in the marketplace.
- Experience across multiple architecture environments including ERP systems (e.g., SAP), customer facing technologies (e.g., Salesforce.com), and other enterprise technologies and platforms.
- Demonstrated ability to develop talent and build effective teams. Excellent communication skills and the ability to indirectly influence key partners and stakeholders.
Other Job Details:
- Last Date to Apply for Job: February 9, 2022
Pfizer requires all U.S. new hires to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the first date of employment. As required by applicable law, Pfizer will consider requests for Reasonable Accommodations.Sunshine ActPfizer reports payments and other transfers of value to health care providers as required by federal and state transparency laws and implementing regulations. These laws and regulations require Pfizer to provide government agencies with information such as a health care provider’s name, address and the type of payments or other value received, generally for public disclosure. Subject to further legal review and statutory or regulatory clarification, which Pfizer intends to pursue, reimbursement of recruiting expenses for licensed physicians may constitute a reportable transfer of value under the federal transparency law commonly known as the Sunshine Act. Therefore, if you are a licensed physician who incurs recruiting expenses as a result of interviewing with Pfizer that we pay or reimburse, your name, address and the amount of payments made currently will be reported to the government. If you have questions regarding this matter, please do not hesitate to contact your Talent Acquisition representative.EEO & Employment EligibilityPfizer is committed to equal opportunity in the terms and conditions of employment for all employees and job applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, gender identity or gender expression, national origin, disability or veteran status. Pfizer also complies with all applicable national, state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements of the Immigration and Nationality Act and IRCA. Pfizer is an E-Verify employer.Information & Business Tech