Technical Business Analyst, Manufacturing
At Lyell, our vision is to develop curative cell-based immunotherapies for solid tumor cancers. We have innovative science originating from our founder’s world class labs and a unique and disruptive approach to research and development. Our company is first and foremost focused on understanding the science. We are a learning organization, dependent on deep collaborative relationships between all of our colleagues, partners and founders. Our culture is based on Science, Respect, Courage and Collaboration and it reflects who we are and the environment we are creating.
Lyell is looking for a Technical Business Analyst Manufacturing to join our growing Information Technology (IT) team. The team is dedicated to providing exceptional IT services to Lyell, a rapidly growing biotech company located in South San Francisco, California, Seattle and Bothell, Washington. Lyell is a cloud first technology rich / friendly culture and is eager to apply these technologies to our all digital, state of the art manufacturing environment in order to enable agility and efficiency in a compliant way, all while developing real time scientific insights from data produced by this facility.
- Manage the relationship and expectations of stakeholders within the Manufacturing function including the single point of contact for support cases, IT projects, commissioning of new equipment and devices, etc. This role is the liaison between the business function and the rest of the IT organization
- Day to day operation and maintenance of Manufacturing instruments
- Ensuring instruments are integrated into and adhere to our data strategy to ensure compliance and data integrity
- Providing priority support for all IT Manufacturing issues including instrument connectivity, data backup, business continuity and computer setup
- Maintaining inventory of Manufacturing IT equipment and ensuring security and upkeep of all connected devices
- Working with both Manufacturing employees and vendors to facilitate installation and maintenance of computer-connected equipment
- Serving as Primary contact and convey resolutions to customer issues. Must work with users to determine the nature of issues, document Service Desk request information, walk customer through the solution and document the resolution in Lyell’s Service Management solution
- Maintaining up-to-date documentation on project status and systems configuration
- Prior experience in the Biotech industry supporting a lab environment
- Mac OSX/ Windows OS, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Active Directory and OKTA, Backup Solutions, VMWare
- End-user technical support
- Managing small to medium sized projects
- Experience with GxP frameworks
Preferred Education & Skills:
- Degree in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or biological sciences is preferred, but not required + 3-5 years of experience
- Strong drive to contribute and make nothing less than a radical impact in a fast moving, growing company with audacious goals and ambitions around creating curative immunotherapies for any cancer
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively among cross-functional teams, with a particular understanding for and drive to solve data issues faced by research and clinical scientists.
- Ability to work efficiently, prioritize workflow, meet deadlines and balance competing priorities
- Excellent analytical skills and scientific/technical expertise
At Lyell, we believe that highest performing teams include people from a wide variety of backgrounds and experiences who respectfully challenge each other. We are committed to building an open, diverse and inclusive culture for all employees.
Lyell is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status or any other characteristics protected under applicable federal, state and local laws.
The Company complies with all laws respecting equal employment opportunity and does not discriminate against applicants with regard to any protected characteristic as defined by federal, state, and local law. This position requires you to work onsite at the Company’s facilities and the Company requires that all employees working in its facilities be fully vaccinated (except as required by applicable law). Therefore, this position requires you to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19, subject to reasonable accommodations for medical or religious reasons, and/or as otherwise required by applicable law. The Company considers you fully vaccinated once 14 days have passed since you received either the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series or a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine. The vaccine must have been FDA approved, have emergency use authorization from the FDA, or, for persons fully vaccinated outside of the U.S., be listed for emergency use by the World Health Organization.”
We’ve learned from experience that some of the best people don’t always match our requirements perfectly - if you’re interested and think you could fit, please don’t hesitate to apply.