Associate, Contracts and Pricing Execution (US - Remote)
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
Youve earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge youve worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.Associate, Contracts and Pricing ExecutionLiveWhat you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role you will provide data and analytical support across the MCO team, which includes ensuring complete and accurate processing of payer contractual rebates in the Global Contracts and Pricing System (GCPS) to support the timely calculation, execution, and reporting of contracted discounts extended to customers. This position operates within a fast-paced environment and closely collaborates with several cross-functional groups including IS, Payer Contracting, Coverage and Pricing, Market Access, Government Pricing, Finance and Legal. This position is responsible for providing support to Manager and Sr. Associate of the assigned account with ensuring the discount process, documentation, and execution of contractual managed care rebates are performed in accordance with US Contracts Operation and Government Pricing SOPs, Sarbanes Oxley, and other policy and procedures that impact the Contract Operations area. Additional responsibilities include, developing spreadsheet models for moderately complex financial analyses, delivering formal presentations, participating in special projects, participating in rebate contract development and review, collaborating with IS to assist in system requirements development, and identify/recommend process improvements and lead implementation efforts. This position will also participate in system implementation efforts currently ongoing on a new rebate management system, which includes but not limited to, working with 3rd party vendor in business testing of functional requirements, documentation of formal testing, communicating issues and/or defects, and contributing insights in ongoing project meetings.
The Associate, Contracts and Pricing Execution is a key member of the Managed Care Rebates (MCO) team with Amgens US Value and Access (US V&A) organization.Win
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The professional we seek is eager to grow and learn with these qualifications.Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree
- Associates degree and 4 years of sales, marketing, finance, contracts and/or project management experience
- High school diploma / GED and 6 years of sales, marketing, finance, contracts and/or project management experience
- Bachelors degree
- 2+ years of experience in data analytics, sales & marketing, finance/accounting, contracts or project management
- Experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech environment
- Demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility
- Very strong computer & M/S Office skills
- Intermediate to advanced MS Excel skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Communicates effectively within department.
- High attention to detail/reporting accuracy, while also able to focus on the overall problem/solution
- Translates high volumes of data into meaningful information to support key business decisions
- Identifies and implements process improvement opportunities
- Complex problem-solving capability that identifies problems within the department and develops solutions from a strategic and operational perspective
- Completes projects and works with Manager to develop prioritization and completion timeframes for multiple assignments
- Self-motivates and owns a project from inception to completion
- Thinks strategically (can see the big picture) while delivering results at the appropriate level of detail
- Tolerance and navigating through ambiguous situations
- Strong presentation skills
- Can effectively articulate and contribute to meetings with Coverage & Pricing attendees with some managerial support
- Great teammate, looks for ways to support team members
- Ability to take the initiative, problem solve, work independently, and exercise appropriate business judgment.
- Strong investigative, and organizational skills to prioritize multiple competing interests.
- Data monitoring, analysis and validation skills
- Effectively represents their team in a complex matrix organization with cross-functional groups
- Ability to Interpret and apply regulations associated with relevant legal issues
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plancomprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefitswith compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.careers.amgen.com
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.