Supply Chain Manager - Anaplan COE
The Supply Chain Manager Anaplan Center of Excellence reports directly to a Sr. Manager within the Supply Chain Digital Platforms Organization.
This role will be leading and managing activities to establish a new Anaplan Center of Excellence within the Global Supply Planning organization to build Amgens critical capabilities in cross-functional forecasting, modeling and strategic analytics.
The individual will be responsible for achieving the following objectives:
- Develop an Anaplan Center of Excellence which will be an essential business partner in generating insights and providing strategic recommendations
- Deliver on Supply Chains strategic goal of Agility by building critical capabilities in forecasting, scenario planning, and analytic insights
- Lead organizational change through utilizing the Anaplan system to its maximum potential, enabling optimization of forecasting and having more transparency, accuracy and efficiency in the forecasting and planning processes
Specifically, the role will:
- Build critical capabilities by translating business requirements into the design and deployment of multi-dimensional forecasting and scenario planning models in the Anaplan platform
- Work with and educate key stakeholders in the organization, including Operations, Finance and Commercial, to design the most effective and efficient processes
- Craft new functionality, support end user adoption and support post-implementation enhancements
- Support the Integrated Business Planning process by identifying and providing key analytics and insights to support strategic decision making
- Partner with business and technical experts to define processes, procedures and best practices for development, maintenance and enhancement of Anaplan models
Actively assist in the Anaplan Implementation process:
- Communicate and collaborate with diverse key stakeholders including Operations, Finance and Commercial to identify business requirements and provide expert guidance on best approaches to translating into efficient models.
- Design and develop effective models and processes to streamline, standardize & automate planning and forecasting activities.
- Design and lead change management activities to ensure new processes are fully embedded in the organization.
- Prepare and communicate regular project updates to key stakeholders including senior management.
- Sustainment and support model utilizing Anaplan Center of Excellence
- Facilitate continuous improvement by providing technical expertise in identifying, evaluating and developing solutions that meet user requirements by utilizing Anaplan platform
- Manage, govern and oversee the Anaplan models in use. Configure and maintain planning tools lists, modules, dashboards, actions, and other model settings to meet business needs and adhere to best practices in Application building
- Work with Master Data Teams, IS, Finance and Commercial to ensure the integrity of the data flows to and from internal systems
- Consult with end users to troubleshoot processes and tools; provide training and guidance to Anaplan users on the forecasting processes, stat models, and additional features released by the Anaplan platform
- Develop and keep Anaplan updated with the latest developments through latest releases, user community, and various online training opportunities. Translate the relevant ones into tools, tips and tricks in appropriate models.
- Doctorate degree OR
- Masters degree and 2 years of Supply Chain or Technical experience OR
- Bachelors degree and 4 years of Supply Chain or Technical experience OR
- Associates degree and 10 years of Supply Chain or Technical experience OR
- High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Supply Chain or Technical experience
- 3-5 years of related experience in International, Pharmaceutical or Supply Chain Environment
- 1-2 years of experience with Anaplan.
- 2+years of experience designing, modeling and deploying models with widely used planning and analytics applications such as Anaplan, Hyperion, SAP BPC, Cognos TM1, Business Objects, Qlick, Tableau, Power BI, Access
- Self-starter with high attention to detail, able to work on assigned tasks independently, able to identify and initiate discussions about opportunities for process improvement.
- Experience with relational databases and working with large data structures
- MBA or other supply chain, planning, IS, Analytics, or finance-related Masters degrees.
- Good communications skills with all levels of an organization (written and oral)
- Strong understanding of finance, sales operations and supply chain
- Experience in working in and between business/finance operations and IT
- Ability to translate complex information into comprehensive, concise and high-quality business requirements that resonate with stakeholders
- Excellent project management skills and ability to effectively juggle multiple ongoing projects to meet deadlines
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.