Sr. Statistical Geneticist
We are looking for a Sr. Statistical Geneticist to contribute to the analysis and interpretation of >1 million genotyped and sequenced humans linked to rich phenotype data from electronic health records and other sources. You will use these data to gain insights into disease mechanisms and identify novel therapeutic targets, to enable Regeneron to deliver novel medicines to patients in need. You will work collaboratively with our diverse team of specialists in clinical informatics, genomic data analysis, molecular and cellular biology, and medicine to design, execute, and refine analyses to connect genetic variation to human health and disease. You will implement statistical and computational methods to analyze and interpret data at scale.
A typical day might include the following:
- Perform genome scale analyses with genotype, imputed, and/or sequence data from >1 million individuals.
- Use statistical genetic analysis methods to generate insights about human disease.
- Integrate diverse molecular data types with association results to interpret and prioritize candidate therapeutic targets.
- Critically review and provide input on analysis plans, results and summaries to ensure they are accurate and reliable. Identify potential problems and propose remedies or refinements.
This role might be for you if you:
- Bring enthusiasm and innovative thinking to large-scale genomic analysis.
- Have a strong work ethic and are proactive in driving projects forward, troubleshooting challenges, and communicating results.
- Enjoy working in a highly collaborative environment with a diverse team of colleagues.
- Use outstanding communication skills to summarize and present new human genetic concepts and results to a variety of audiences, ranging from specialists in statistical genetics and computation to specialists in biology, drug design, and medicine.
- Are a motivated teammate with a desire to pursue genetic discovery in a multi-disciplinary environment.
Does this sound like you? Apply now to take your first steps toward living the Regeneron Way! We have an inclusive and diverse culture that provides amazing benefits including health and wellness programs, fitness centers and stock for employees at all levels!
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or belief (or lack thereof), sex, nationality, national or ethnic origin, civil status, age, citizenship status, membership of the Traveler community, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, familial status, marital or registered civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity status, gender identity, gender reassignment, military or veteran status, or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application process. Please contact us to discuss any accommodations you think you may need.