The Warehouse Specialist will primarily be responsible for receiving and verifying incoming shipments per GMP (Good Manufacturing Practices) regulations and non-GMP procedures, including but not limited to unpack and check goods received against purchase orders or invoices; update and maintain electronic and hard-copy records for received goods; reject unsatisfactory items, as necessary. Assist in preparation of outbound shipments, including but not limited to preparing and maintaining records of materials for shipment; posting weights and shipping charges; prepare goods for final shipment. This position will require excellent organizational and time-management skills, plus the ability to follow verbal and written instruction and prioritize tasks. This is a full-time position but does require flexibility to work overtime and occasional weekends as needed.
- Distribute materials and stock inventory for warehouse and laboratories
- Ability to multi-task, complete additional tasks, or projects, as needed
- Flexible to work multiple locations on a rotating schedule as assigned
- Check quality and condition of items in a warehouse
- Keep the warehouse premises clean and neat
- Perform physical verification of inventory and perform cycle counts
- Maintain, manage, and update inventory controls
- Handle pallet jack, forklift and other tools and equipment in warehouse operations
- Handle loading and unloading operations
- Design, implement, and follow best practices in warehouse operations
- Receive, verify, stage, and stock all incoming material
- Ensure warehouse is clean, organized, secure, and safe at all times
- Prepare GMP and nGMP shipments as required
- Provide excellent customer service
- Excellent communication skills with internal and external departments and customers
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent, required. Associate degree or supply chain experience, preferred.
- A minimum of one (1) year of relevant experience in warehouse setting
- Experience in biopharmaceutical industry, GMP environment, or medical field, preferred
- Experience working with 3rd party vendors
- Knowledge of warehouse safety regulations and 5s processes
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent computer skills i.e., Microsoft or other software, preferably SAP
- Demonstrated proficiency with ERP systems, preferred
- Ability to follow verbal and written instruction and work under supervision
- Ability to always follow safety protocol
- Ability to demonstrate dependable attendance and punctuality
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Valid driver’s license to operate a company vehicle
- Physical Requirements:
- Ability to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds manually or with additional assistance from staff and/or mechanical lifting equipment (e.g., dolly, cart, lift, hand truck, etc.) to a shelf located 4-6 feet in height
- Stand for prolonged periods of time
- At times, you will be required to sit for extended periods of time
- Bend twist, push/pull, crouch, kneel
- Read and understand chemical labels
- Finger dexterity is required to manipulate objects, for example, keypads on laboratory equipment, keyboard, phone, fax/copy/scanning machine, calculator, label maker, etc.
- Visualization is necessary to participate in business functions of the position to see in the normal visual range with or without correction (e.g., meetings, training sessions, etc.)
- Ability to hear to participate in business functions of the position in the normal audio range with or without correction (e.g., doorbell for notification of delivery, etc.)
This position has no supervisory responsibilities. This position reports to the Warehouse Supervisor.
Molecular Templates celebrates and supports our differences and is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristic.
MTEM is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals. If you need assistance with your application due to a disability, you may contact us at: email@example.com.
By submitting a resume for consideration, applicants verify that they have read MTEM’s Applicant Privacy notice. https://www.mtem.com/privacy-policy