Senior Research Associate, Analytical Development and Quality Control
Graphite Bio is a clinical-stage, next-generation gene editing company harnessing high efficiency targeted gene integration to develop a new class of therapies to potentially cure a wide range of serious and life-threatening diseases. Graphite Bio is pioneering a precision gene editing approach that could enable a variety of applications to transform human health through its potential to achieve one of medicine’s most elusive goals: to precisely “find & replace” any gene in the genome. Graphite Bio’s platform allows it to precisely correct mutations, replace entire disease-causing genes with normal genes or insert new genes into predetermined, safe locations. The company was co-founded by academic pioneers in the fields of gene editing and gene therapy, including Maria Grazia Roncarolo, M.D., and Matthew Porteus, M.D., Ph.D.
We are seeking a talented Research Associate/Senior Research Associate to join a growing team in Analytical Development and Quality Control. The candidate will support analytical method development and testing in support of development of products in our precision gene editing pipeline. The candidate should be curious with an ability to communicate to an audience of scientists, associates, and team leaders. The ideal candidate is enthusiastic and willing to learn while applying their current knowledge to the day-to-day work. We are a patient focused group and looking for others with a passion for helping ameliorate debilitating disease through precise gene editing. The medicines under development are cutting edge technology and the RA/SRA will be participating in the development and execution of novel and innovative technologies to interrogate these new medicines.
What You Will Do:
- Work closely with scientists and department leadership to perform experiments to support development of analytical methods and routine testing
- Develop novel and established methods for their application to support process development, drug substance/product comparability, and product characterization studies
- Apply current knowledge and skills in molecular and cellular biology to analyze edited cell therapy products under development.
- Perform data analysis and generate reports
- Derive and maintain cell lines required to support method development and assay controls.
- Prepare cell culture media and other laboratory reagents and solutions
- Perform equipment maintenance according to outlined procedures
- Help with the drafting of SOPs, Test Methods, and other laboratory supporting documents
What You Will Bring:
- M.S. or B.A./B.S. in the life sciences (Cell Biology/Molecular Biology) or related discipline
- 0-2+ years of relevant experience in biotech or academia
- Enthusiastic and passionate about science and cell and gene therapy
- Excited to learn as well as apply current skills
- Experience with cell culture and common molecular biology techniques (ddPCR, qPCR, NGS)
- Experience with viral vectors is a plus
- Experience with multicolor flow cytometry is a plus
- Ability to multitask and be flexible in a dynamic work environment while still completing work on time
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Familiarity with data analysis and visualization software packages (FlowJo, JMP, GraphPad etc.) is a plus
- Good organizational skills