Master Production Scheduler
Fate Therapeutics is currently seeking a motivated individual to convert Clinical & Operations Plan (C&OP) into an executable Master Production Schedule (MPS) for FATEs manufacturing facilities and CMOs. This position is responsible for monitoring, reacting, and developing forward strategies to address production scheduling and capacities, while balancing new and on-going clinical studies and production runs. The successful candidate is an excellent communicator, with strong attention to details and problem-solving skills, and has experiences translating clinical demand from patients to production requirements. This is a full-time position reporting to the Executive Director, Supply Chain and is located at our corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA.
- Uses best practices to implement a finite detailed production plan taking into account space and resource capacity, clinical commitments, equipment and process limitations.
- Collaborate with C&OP team, Manufacturing and other functions to develop the MPS and adjust the schedule based on facility capacity
- Lead and coordinate cross-functional meetings for MPS development and updates.
- Maintain and publish production plans in appropriate platforms.
- Forecast production capacity for at least 6 months to a year at a time.
- Initiate the order to manufacture request and ensure timely start of production. Evaluate and report on changes to the plan and its impact to meet demand.
- Translate the MPS into Material Requirements Plan (MRP) for intermediates
- Performs material readiness review to ensure material is available for upcoming campaigns and work with appropriate stakeholders to identify critical issues and find solutions
- Collaborate with planner and material management to provide necessary input to maintain contact supply of raw materials and manufacturing kit production.
- Develop and track KPIs to measure production and planning performance
- Advocates for the Fates Vision, Mission and Core Values in every action and decision
- Use of planning and scheduling tools, dashboards, and data bases to facilitate the forecast and interdepartmental communications
- Manage ad-hoc projects as required with minimal supervision.
- Bachelors Degree preferred and minimum of 5 years related planning experience in a regulated pharma and/or biotechnology industry, ideally in cell & gene therapy
- Able to multitask, work in a fast-pace environment, and flexible to develop new plans to support various scenario assumptions
- Well organized in way of thinking, communicating, and conducting your work
- Strong attention to detail, and a collaborative team player
- Analytical skills with a systematic driven mind set but still able to think outside of the box
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office applications and the ability to learn new applications quickly and easily
- Experience with ERP/MRP systems
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- 100% on-site work at corporate headquarters in San Diego, CA
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first-in-class cellular immunotherapies for patients with cancer. The Company has established a leadership position in the clinical development and manufacture of universal, off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline includes off-the-shelf, iPSC-derived natural killer (NK) cell and T-cell product candidates, which are designed to synergize with well-established cancer therapies, including immune checkpoint inhibitors and monoclonal antibodies, and to target tumor-associated antigens using chimeric antigen receptors (CARs). Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.