Scientist / Associate Scientist, Cancer Immunotherapy (Differentiation & Hematopoiesis)
Fate Therapeutics is seeking a highly motivated stem cell biologist, preferably with hematopoietic and lymphocyte development experience, to join our rapidly growing off-the-shelf cancer immunotherapy team in the development of novel cell therapeutics. The successful candidate will provide scientific and technical expertise contributing to the development and characterization of novel immunotherapies from discovery stage through product development and implementation. This individual will lead various initiatives to identify next generation cancer immunotherapy strategies as well as play a key role in collaborating with top scientific laboratories and institutions. S/he will perform, optimize, and analyze experiments and data involving NK and T cell differentiation from induced pluripotent stem cells. In addition, this role will have the opportunity to provide subject matter expertise and direction to regulatory, process development and manufacturing. This position reports to a Senior Scientist and is located at our corporate headquarters and research facilities in San Diego, California.
- Provide scientific and technical expertise to advance and evaluate preclinical development of immunotherapeutic candidates.
- Design, execute, and analyze in vitro experiments of hematopoietic differentiation.
- Identify and evaluate novel approaches to modulate NK and T cell differentiation and function.
- Provide scientific insight and maintain effective communication with internal research teams and external collaborators.
- MS/PhD in Stem Cell Biology, Immunology, Cell Biology, Developmental Biology, or other related fields (level depends on education and experience) with previous biotech industry experience preferred.
- Experience and working knowledge of hematopoietic cell differentiation with a preference towards T and NK cells.
- Experience studying NK cell development and/or T-cell development, including expertise surrounding the role of the bone marrow or thymic microenvironment.
- Expertise in multi-parameter flow cytometry, including panel design and downstream analysis.
- Outstanding cell culture and aseptic technique.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time efficiently.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with a proven track record of adaptability.
- Evidence of independent scientific achievement and problem solving as demonstrated through publication.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements:
- Will require working with cells and cell lines of human and/or animal origin
- Occasional weekend and/or evening hours as required
- 100% on site work at corporate headquarters and research facilities in San Diego, CA
The preceding job description indicates the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. Additional and incidental duties related to the primary duties may be required.
About Fate Therapeutics, Inc.
Fate Therapeutics is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company dedicated to the development of first- in-class cellular immunotherapies for patients with cancer. The Company has established a leadership position in the clinical development and manufacture of universal, off-the-shelf cell products using its proprietary induced pluripotent stem cell (iPSC) product platform. The Company’s immuno-oncology pipeline includes off-the-shelf, iPSC-derived natural killer (NK) cell and T-cell product candidates, which are designed to synergize with well-established cancer therapies, including immune checkpoint inhibitors and monoclonal antibodies, and to target tumor-associated antigens using chimeric antigen receptors (CARs). Fate Therapeutics is headquartered in San Diego, CA. For more information, please visit www.fatetherapeutics.com.