Biostatistics Director (Oncology)- US Remote
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world. In this vital role, you will provide strategic statistical input and oversee all statistical aspects of clinical development from early to late phase for multiple products across different therapeutic areas.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead Statistical excellence in the design, analysis and reporting for all phases of clinical development across multiple products and therapeutic areas including strategic statistical input and contributing to clinical development plans.
- Reviews product and study level documents such as clinical development plans, regulatory documents, study synopses, protocols, statistical analysis plans (SAPs), flash memos, clinical study reports (CSRs), submission documents, correspondences with health authorities, and clinical publications
- Statistical leadership to regulatory submissions
- Developing and execution of statistical strategy for clinical development programs ensuring standards, technical quality and consistent approaches in clinical development strategy, study design and statistical analysis while maintaining indication specific standards with respect to key variables, variable definitions, statistical methods, data structures and presentation of results.
- Ensuring excellent statistical input into regulatory strategies, presentations and scientific reports for clinical trial, regulatory submission, product defense, market support, scientific presentations/publications.
- Representing the statistical function at meetings with regulatory authorities, key opinion leaders and other specialist bodies and defending statistical approaches.
- Providing oversight and mentorship to Amgen staff members and CROs in completing study deliverables per agreed to timelines and quality standards.
- Supporting the development and review of Policies, SOPs and other controlled documents with CROs or within Amgen for process improvement and operational efficiency.
- Providing subject matter expertise in statistical methodologies, publishing applied research in scientific journals and books and making presentations on statistical methodology in the biopharmaceutical setting at external scientific meetings.
- Staying abreast of and contributing to scientific advances in the field and ensuring internal practices are current.
- Developing and maintaining long-term relationships with key statistical opinion leaders within academics, regulatory agencies and industry.
- Oversee biostatisticians in Contract Research Organizations (CROs), lead, manage and develop in-house statistical staff, and assist Amgens head of Biosimilar Biostatistics and Statistical Programming guide the department.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our outstanding contributions. The Biostatistics professional we seek is a project leader with these qualifications.
- Masters or Doctoral degree in Statistics/Biostatistics or other subject with high statistical content, and 8 years of post-graduate statistical experience in the pharmaceutical industry or medical research organizations
- Knowledgeable of statistical methodology and applications within drug development
- Statistical leadership to regulatory submissions
- Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills including statistical strategy
- Ten years post-graduate statistical experience in the pharmaceutical industry or medical research organizations with a deep knowledge of statistical methodology and applications within drug development, especially in the oncology therapeutic area.
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovation by implementing new methodologies and relevant statistical designs.
- Experience in statistical methodologies related to adaptive designs (e.g., group sequential design, adaptations to treatment arm selection design, Bayesian adaptive design) and/or combined phase 1/2 or phase 2/3 design.
- Statistical leadership for regulatory submissions.
- Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills including statistical strategy (written and oral).
- Life cycle Drug development experience (pre-clinical development, clinical development, post-marketing).
- Demonstrated leadership attributes with a proven track record in charting the course and developing high-performance teams.
- Proven background in working within a global team and with CRO partners to ensure operational excellence and efficiencies.
What you can expect of us
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Vast opportunities to learn and move up and across our global organization
- Diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits
Apply now for a career that defies imagination
In our quest to serve patients above all else, Amgen is the first to imagine, and the last to doubt. Join us. careers.amgen.com
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.