Associate Director, Thought Leader Liaison, Gastroenterology, Northeast
The Associate Director Thought Leader Liaison, Gastroenterology is a field-based, non-sales role, passionate about enhancing and improving interactions with key external Gastroenterology KOLs. We are seeking someone who can engage, develop advocacy, capture market insights, and liaise with marketing. We expect you will work cross-functionally with colleagues in Marketing, Medical Affairs, Sales, and Market Access. The attributes that are needed for success include teamwork, communication, planning, and the ability to execute initiatives. You will report to the National Director within the Commercial organization.
Territory Includes: New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Washington, DCA typical day may include the following:
- Conducting business discussions related to on-label product information, disease state, and general corporate overviews
- Collaborating and communicating cross-functionally with respect to assigned Thought Leaders in order to ensure strategic and tactical cohesiveness
- Plan and execute key thought leader engagements and senior executive encounters at local, regional and national conferences, POAs, in field engagements, and other venues in a complaint manner
- Act as a liaison between thought leaders and home office cross-functional teams
- Assisting with on-label key thought leader development, including speakers, with approved decks and materials
- Facilitating certain speaker logistical and scheduling activities and working cross functionally to ensure timely communication
- Providing feedback on Gastroenterology Franchise and brand-related marketing strategies/materials to commercial leadership
- Providing ad board participant recommendations, and attending ad boards where needed; while additionally providing speaker recommendations
- Facilitate speaker bureau management, including contracting when requested
- Follow and be knowledgeable of all laws, regulations and corporate policies
Bachelor's degree, Master’s degree or advanced education/certification a plus. Specialty pharmaceutical/biopharmaceutical experience with a minimum of five years of work experience in one or more of the following: field sales, product marketing, or medical / clinical experience including experience in the Gastroenterology market or a similar subcutaneous, self-injectable biologic specialty market. Launch experience preferred. Ability to assemble and lead cross-functional teams toward a shared vision of success. Ability to present ideas effectively to individuals or groups, targeting presentation to the needs of the audience. Proven leadership skills (past leadership experience a plus but not required). Strong organizational skills. Strong project management experience, including superior analytical and planning skills. We seek someone with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously. Ability to execute against strategic and tactical plans under tight timelines. Ability to travel to meetings/trainings/programs (60-80% travel), and must live within the geographic area of the assigned territory, and hold a valid driver's license.