We are currently searching for a Medicinal Chemist who is well trained in the methods and concepts of organic chemistry with experience in organic synthesis (purification and analysis of reaction products; methodology development; design of novel analogs; design and testing of synthetic routes to novel compounds by proposing and reducing to practice multi-step syntheses). Furthermore, experience in standard spectroscopic and purification methods, including NMR (routine pulse techniques for structure determination), and standard or automated liquid chromatography and HPLC methods is required. This opportunity is full-time, and it is on site in Rockville, MD.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinate projects being developed by external collaborators, proposing SAR strategies, and monitoring their progress.
- Collaborate with the technology transfer office and external patent offices to provide the necessary information previous art, experimental and patentability strategy for filing patents in selected programs.
- Participate within a team to publish and present relevant projects within the community of bioorganic chemistry, synthetic organic chemistry, and pharmacology.
- Independently design, synthesize and optimize chemical probes for potency and solubility
- Design, synthesize and optimize chemical probes for potency and solubility.
- utilize and operate various complex laboratory machines and equipment.
- Produce research reports and regularly communicate results.
- Perform chemical synthesis and optimization of small molecule probes for use in biological research.
- Develop and produce chemical probes with linkers for conjugation to fluorescent reporters and other reporter groups.
- Design, synthesize and optimize chemical probes for potency and solubility
- Maintain personal inventory of chemicals.
- Work with other departments to ensure timely completion of research projects.
- Devise synthetic routes to target molecules; produce desired compound libraries for projects assigned with acceptable purity and deliver quantities to support biological assays.
- Carry out scale-up of the chemical probes of interest for additional studies.
- Follow lab safety protocols and Operate instruments.
- Search chemical databases for journal articles, patents, and related technologies.
- Conduct and write literature reviews for current and future projects.
- Master's degree in Chemistry or a related discipline
- Minimum of five (5) years of related experience
- Experienced in the methods and concepts of organic chemistry
- Experience in organic synthesis, including:
- Purification and analysis of reaction products
- Methodology development
- Design of novel analogs
- Design and testing of synthetic routes to novel compounds by proposing and reducing to practice multi-step syntheses
- Experience in standard spectroscopic and purification methods, including:
- NMR (routine pulse techniques for structure determination).
- Standard or automated liquid chromatography and HPLC methods is required
Due to our contractual requirements, to be eligible for this role, you must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at time of hire.
Dovel Technologies and its Family of Companies (Medical Science & Computing and Ace Info Solutions) was acquired in October 2021.
Guidehouse is a leading global provider of consulting services to the public sector and commercial markets, with broad capabilities in management, technology, and risk consulting. By combining our public and private sector expertise, we help clients address their most complex challenges and navigate significant regulatory pressures focusing on transformational change, business resiliency, and technology-driven innovation. Across a range of advisory, consulting, outsourcing, and digital services, we create scalable, innovative solutions that help our clients outwit complexity and position them for future growth and success. The company has more than 12,000 professionals in over 50 locations globally. Guidehouse is a Veritas Capital portfolio company, led by seasoned professionals with proven and diverse expertise in traditional and emerging technologies, markets, and agenda-setting issues driving national and global economies.
Guidehouse is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law, ordinance, or regulation.
Guidehouse will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law or ordinance, including the Fair Chance Ordinance of Los Angeles and San Francisco.
If you have visited our website for information about employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require accommodation, please contact Guidehouse Recruiting at 1-571-633-1711 or via email at RecruitingAccommodation@guidehouse.com. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodation.
Guidehouse does not accept unsolicited resumes through or from search firms or staffing agencies. All unsolicited resumes will be considered the property of Guidehouse, and Guidehouse will not be obligated to pay a placement fee.