Investigator 1 – Immunology
As the Immunology Investigator you will design and conduct immunological experiments to advance preclinical vaccines initiatives in the Seqirus Research group. You will focus on T cell responses to novel vaccines in the appropriate laboratory animal species, with a primary objective to quantify and characterize T cells based on antigen specificity, phenotype, and function.
- Develop novel assays and use existing assays to examine T cell function in vitro and in vivo.
- Identify novel T cell epitopes using innovative methods
- Develop assays for investigating functionally significant T cell subsets: TFH, Treg, CTL
- Design and execute studies to achieve preclinical development program objectives for novel vaccines
- Work closely with other team members and CROs to design and execute multidisciplinary studies
- Document and present scientific results
- PhD in Immunology or equivalent
- 2 or more years postdoctoral training in Immunology
- Immunofluorescence and multicolor flow cytometry
- T cell phenotype, activation, and proliferation assays
- Ability to synthesize concepts from immunology and virology to develop innovative and useful experimental models and systems
- Proven organizational, written, and oral communication skills; ability to work in a team environment
- Cell enrichment and purification techniques
- Multiplex assays, e.g., Luminex, Meso Scale
- Experience with Elispot
- Virus infection/challenge models
- Human immunology assays
- Basic statistics
Seqirus is committed to attracting and retaining world-class employees who are valued for their contributions to achieving business objectives. Learn more about some of the benefits you can participate in when you join Seqirus.
Seqirus is part of CSL Limited (ASX: CSL). As one of the largest influenza vaccine providers in the world, Seqirus is a major contributor to the prevention of influenza globally and a transcontinental partner in pandemic preparedness. Learn more about Seqirus.
We want Seqirus to reflect the world around us
As a global organisation with employees in 35+ countries, CSL embraces diversity, equity and inclusion. Learn more about Diversity, Equity & Inclusion at Seqirus.
Do work that matters at Seqirus!