Associate Director, Commercial Systems
ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, COMMERCIAL SYSTEMS
Day One Biopharmaceuticals is an emerging, mission-driven, drug development company intentionally designed to identify, clinical evaluate, and successfully commercialize novel treatments for pediatric oncology patients, and ultimately to expand those benefits to patients of all ages. For more information, please visit our website at http://www.dayonebio.com.
The AD - Commercial Systems will lead the development and oversee systems and data management of CRM, related applications and data systems to support Commercial and Medical teams though launch and post launch. This position reports to the Head of IT and will utilize deep subject matter expertise in Pharma commercial operations, including broad experience building and evolving the systems needed to support a full in-market Commercial organization.
This will be a highly visible role providing strategy, enterprise architecture and technical leadership for data warehouse, data integration and multiple CRM systems. The AD Commercial Systems will partner with leadership and staff to develop comprehensive solutions to meet business need and will work with internal and external teams to deliver on the commercial systems portfolio.
The role will have both project and team leadership responsibility, as well require as hands on database and integration work driving master data management, metadata structure design, and workflow automation. The lead will also have extensive experience in Sales and Medical Affairs CRM systems, digital marketing platforms and familiarity with syndicated patient level and commercial claims data. The AD will oversee an integrated platform that support Field Sales, HCP Marketing, Payer Accounts, MLR, Sunshine Act Compliance and a range of associated business processes.
● Lead projects and coordinate with internal and external stakeholders, technical and non-technical staff, develop roadmaps and timelines for deployment of systems and data assets
● Provide deep subject matter expertise in pharmaceutical commercial operations and analytics, and have a background in leading platform implementations
● Build and maintain data warehouse servers and systems, including dimensional and hybrid data models, transactional, automation and data mart systems
● Take an active ownership role of data mastering and quality, and actively support downstream uses of data in both internal and vendor integrated systems
● Partner closely with Analytics and Data Science teams that will define data mart and reporting requirements from warehouse systems
● Partner with Commercial Operations to support CRM configuration, day to day administration, data flow and operational workflows
● Develop ad-hoc operational and data mining queries, views, triggers, stored procedures, indexing and partitioning in relational and NoSQL databases
● Configure ETL/ELT integrations, data migrations and manage cyclical transfers of data to and from internal and 3rd party systems
● Identify and resolve issues which may negatively impact delivery of projects and operational cycles, and escalate issues to leadership as needed
● Actively drive continuous improvement activities, defining and implementing the changes required to create industry-leading electronic data management and integration capabilities
● Communicate with company leadership, partners and non-technical audiences on team and systems goals, strategy, and design, as well as represent project and operational teams in portfolio management
● 5+ years SQL design and development working in multiple relational databases. Must have experience with Postgres, PgSQL and at least 2 other RDBMS systems, such as Oracle, SQLServer, and/or MySQL. Must be experienced with highly scalable and distributed database architectures. DBA and optimization experience a strong plus
● 3-5+ years experience with Pharmaceutical or Biopharma Sales CRM, Digital CRM and commercial syndicated data (Rx, Dx, Px Medical/Pharmacy claims, cDx/diagnostics, payer coverage, and multi-channel marketing).Strong preference for experience in oncology or pediatric products
● 2+ years background with vendor or internal Master Data Management (MDM) and data quality systems, experience in designing of merge and survivorship rules
● 2-3 years’ experience with ETL tools, data loaders, and commercial/open source tools such as Pentaho, dbt, Informatica, Mulesoft, Ab Initio, SSIS, Knime, Talend, etc.
● 1-3 years Python experience, with JS, node, R and or SAS experience a strong plus
● 2-3 years experience in line management and cross functional team leadership of technical and analyst resources
● 2+ years’ experience with Salesforce CRM, API and Apex tools. (SFDC and layered vendor products used in Commercial)
● 1+ year experience managing cloud based infrastructure, including serverless database and automation architectures, DbaaS platforms, SaaS platforms, AWS VPC, Lambda, Aurora, Redshift, Athena, Snowflake,BigQuery, ElasticSearch, etc.
● 2+ years Linux administration, bash and shell scripting
● Must have familiarity with NoSQL (Cassandra, Couchbase, Mongo, Redis, etc), hybrid, XML and JSON based database systems
● API and web services experience including RESTful/HTTP JSON integration
● Background working in a highly structured and regulated environments with GxP, encryption, privacy, SOX, and quality controls
● Strong background coordinating and interacting with business groups on a non-technical level
● Excellent technical and non-technical communications skills
● Familiarity with Clinical data systems, Quality Management, ERP and Compliance reporting systems a strong plus
● 10-15% travel for in person meetings
**The preceding job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within classification.
Day One Biopharmaceuticals is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
Employment is conditioned upon full vaccination from the COVID-19 virus, including submission of documented proof thereof, as of the start date. Day One Biopharmaceuticals will comply with applicable law regarding the reasonable accommodation of individuals who are not vaccinated because of a disability and/or sincerely held religious belief.
Recruitment & Staffing Agencies: Day One Biopharmaceuticals do not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates. The submission of unsolicited resumes by recruitment or staffing agencies to Day One Biopharmaceuticals or its employees is strictly prohibited unless contacted directly by Day One Biopharmaceutical’s internal HRteam. Any resume submitted by an agency in the absence of a signed agreement will automatically become the property of Day One Biopharmaceuticals, and Day One Biopharmaceuticals will not owe any referral or other fees with respect thereto.