Director, Marketing: Life Sciences (Pneumatic Scale Angelus - USA)
About Us:A Barry-Wehmiller Packaging Systems company, Pneumatic Scale Angelus maintains a major market position in the supply of wet and dry fillers, cappers, can seamers, labelers, centrifuges and change parts for the pharmaceutical, personal care, food, beverage, canning and household products industries worldwide. Our custom-engineered product lines include Hema, Mateer and Pneumatic Scale fillers; Consolidated, Pneumatic Scale and TC cappers; Angelus and Closetech seamers; Burt and MTS labelers; Carr and Centritech centrifuges; onTrack orienters and wet-case detectors; and Zepf change parts and storage solutions.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
Pneumatic Scale Angelus' CARR® Centritech brand is a global leader in the design and manufacture of centrifugal separation systems used in drug discovery and manufacturing. CARR Centritech serves the Biotechnology industry with innovative and enabling solutions for applications ranging from cell and gene therapy to antibody therapeutics and traditional human and animal vaccines.
We are looking for a passionate, dynamic, and self-motivated Marketing Director focused on our rapidly expanding product line. As the Marketing Director and working closely with Sales and Senior Leadership, you be responsible for building the brand and sharing our story globally. This role will successfully promote the company through a strong public relations and communications program, social media, corporate events, future talent, current team members, and through community relations.
The qualified candidate will be a driven and engaged senior leader with a successful track record of building and leading, brand, global programs, and public relations globally. Reporting to the President, the Marketing Director, must have experience within the Life Science industry and require strong strategic, analytical, interpersonal and communication skills. The ability to function as a member of a dedicated team in a fast-paced environment focused on rapid growth of an innovative and impactful product line. Previous experience in and understanding of the Biotech or Life Science industries will be critical in shaping this role.
Brand Identity and Thought Leadership
- Work with Senior leadership to design and implement marketing plans and campaigns to promote Carr Centritech in the Life sciences and Pharmaceutical industries.
- Execute the marketing strategy to build awareness, increase demand/lead generation, and drive decision-making.
- Develop thoughtful and creative digital strategies that engage customers and prospects at each stage of the buyer’s journey to build awareness, increase demand/lead generation, and drive decision-making.
- Establish metrics defining campaign performance and modify campaigns based on ROI analysis.
- Attract and engage customers and prospects through a multi-channel marketing approach that positions us as thought leaders in Biotech manufacturing. Generate compelling content leveraging web sites, targeted digital campaigns, SEO, paid search, social media, print media, and more.
Lead Generation and Sales Enablement
- Work with Sales leadership to develop and maintain a complete toolkit to support Sales execution, including but not limited to, presentations, brochures, product videos, demos, whitepapers, application profiles, case studies, competitive intelligence, and win-loss analyses.
- Develop effective sales training materials, making it easy for sales and partners to understand our solution offerings and key positioning.
Market Intelligence and Tradeshow/Event
- Research and build understanding of the customer and the market, including audience targeting and segmentation, market research, competitive landscape, and industry trends analysis.
- Coordinate with Sales leadership to develop an overarching strategy for all live and virtual events that includes positioning key team members as industry experts and presenters.
- Forge relationships with key stakeholders, including subject matter experts and sales executives. Work with product line leaders to develop an understanding of key market segments and recognize industry trends.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills, with a passion for compelling content development.
- Commitment to organization, time management, and attention to detail.
- Energetic, results-oriented approach with a strong sense of accountability.
- Proven understanding of practical experience with brand positioning.
- Thorough understanding of Life Sciences industry.
- Collaborative mindset, able to foster relationships with key stakeholders and critical team functions.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Proven ability to prioritize/manage/execute multiple complex projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to understand the needs and buying influences of a scientific target audience.
- Demonstrated success in the creation, execution, and assessment of demand/lead generation campaigns.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a Marketing-related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of Marketing experience in a scientific or technical field (Life Sciences/Biotech preferred).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with content creation, SEO, and social media management desired.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Adobe Creative Suite (In Design, Photoshop, Illustrator) desired.
- Proficiency with marketing automation platforms (e.g., HubSpot, Eloqua, Microsoft Dynamics, etc.) desired.
- Experience with Sitefinity CMS or a similar CMS web development tool desired
- Tradeshow and event planning and execution experience.
- Storytelling ability – understand customer pain points and articulate value-driven solutions.
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process. Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.