Associate (Contract & Pricing Analyst) - Thousand Oaks - Remote
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
If you feel like youre part of something bigger, its because you are. At Amgen, our shared missionto serve patientsdrives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the worlds leading biotechnology companies. We are global collaborators who achieve togetherresearching, manufacturing, and delivering ever-better products that reach over 10 million patients worldwide. Its time for a career you can be proud of. Join us.
As a key member of the Contract and Pricing Operations team within Strategic Pricing Contracting (SPC), the associate is primarily responsible for supporting the chargeback analyst in providing timely and accurate operational execution and payment of Amgens contract and pricing strategies.
What you will do
Lets do this. Lets change the world! The successful candidate will possess excellent problem-solving skills with demonstrated ability to identify problems, propose solutions and manage execution. You will engage with key trading partners to build an effective and collaborative working relationship and provide timely support and resolution to ensure accuracy of customer pricing. Cross functional internal and external collaboration, effective communication, high tolerance for ambiguity and the ability to multitask and manage multiple competing priorities appropriately are critical to success in this role.
- Lead cross-functional and time-sensitive projects from initiation to completion across SPC
- Partner with GCOIS to build requirements to resolve system defects and implement enhancements to ensure operational compliance and process efficiencies
- Complete projects with minimal direction and strong ability to develop prioritization and completion timeframes for multiple assignments
- Optimize process effectiveness by identifying and implementing improvement initiatives
- Operate effectively in an extremely fast-paced environment with the ability to take initiative, resolve complex contract and pricing issues, demonstrate autonomy and exercise appropriate business judgment.
- Collaborate and confidently communicate with cross-functional segment team members including, pricing, contract operations, contract development, contract compliance, legal, government pricing, and GCOIS.
- Interpret and execute contract terms appropriately and demonstrate a clear understanding of relevant compliance considerations
- Execute within the operational guidelines of the government pricing sub-certification compliantly and SOX processes, and support audit engagements as required
- Engage with key trading partners to build an effective and collaborative working relationship and provide timely support to ensure accuracy of customer pricing
- Develops spreadsheets models for moderately complex financial analyses
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The detail oriented professional we seek is a proactive with these qualifications.
Bachelors degree and 2 years of directly related experience
Associates degree and 6 years of directly related experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of directly related experience
Internal Amgen experience or experience in a pharmaceutical/biotech environment in data management or contract operations.
Required Competencies and Skills
- Very strong computer and MS Office skills, with emphasis on Excel and Tableau. Develops spreadsheet models for financial analyses
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Delivers formal presentations. Communicates effectively within department
- High attention to detail/reporting accuracy, while also able to focus on the overall problem/solution
- Translates high volume of data into meaningful information to support key business decisions
- Identifies and implements process improvement opportunities
- Complex problem-solving capability; develops solutions from a strategic and operational perspective
- Completes projects and makes decisions with some direction and strong ability to develop prioritization and completion timeframes for multiple assignments
- Self-motivates and owns smaller projects from inception to completion
- Thinks strategically while delivering results at the appropriate level of detail
- Tolerance of ambiguous situations
- Strong presentation skills
- Team player, looks for ways to support team members
- Effectively represents their team in a complex matrix organization with cross-functional groups within SPC and support functions.
- Strong project management skills and leads projects as required
- Provides analysis and recommendations to support decisions by team management.
Join UsIf you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Amgen requires all staff in the United States and Puerto Rico to be vaccinated from COVID 19 as a condition of employment. In accordance with applicable law, Amgen will provide reasonable accommodations to staff members who qualify on the basis of a medical reason or a sincerely held religious belief, practice, or observance. Such accommodation may not pose an undue hardship to Amgen, its operations, or its staff.