Senior Control Systems Software Engineer
The Senior Control Systems Software Engineer works as part of a team of software developers in the Embedded Software group. This group in involved in developing mission critical software in radiotherapy treatment delivery, planning and medical imaging. The Senior Control Systems Software Engineer acts as a strong technical team member with a deep grounding in sound medical software development practices.
- Work on the control system layers, safety systems, and embedded software associated with all aspects of the RefleXion radiotherapy system.
- Work on developing algorithms and software to control electromechanical hardware and firmware components.
- Interface with Service and Operations teams in analyzing, debugging and diagnosing electro-mechanical embedded systems problems, developing solutions to the problems, documenting workflows and instructions for preventative measures, and assisting in system stability improvements.
- Assist in development of system features – systems analysis, use-case analysis, risk analysis, system performance, prototyping and simulation, feature development, unit and test case development, testing and integration, documentation, build management.
- Develop, maintain and enhance electro-mechanical subsystems control software, drive design reviews, write code, and maintain build streams as required.
- Drive code reviews, unit test strategies, integration reviews of embedded software controlling electro-mechanical subsystems,
- M. S. in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related field.
- 10+ years of experience in embedded software development on an industry standard RTOS.
- Expert in C++11, STL, object-oriented analysis and design, multi-threading.
- Experience in Digital Control Systems and must have prior experience in design and implementation of Linear feedback controllers, PID controllers. Multi-variate state-space analysis. Mathematical Modeling and Analysis of Control Systems.
- Must have made significant contributions (5+ years) in developing controls and algorithms for electro-mechanical subsystems.
- Proficient with objected-oriented analysis and design, design patterns, and multi-threading.
- Demonstrated experience in system requirements analysis, use-case analysis, risk analysis, system timing and latency analysis and management, system configuration, data flow, data management and hardware interface design.
- Fully conversant with standard software development practices and lifecycles and be familiar with product development processes in the medical device environment including software design, coding, testing, software quality control and release management.
- Experienced in systems-level troubleshooting of problems, interacting with multiple engineering teams in resolving tough systems level issues.
- Familiarity dealing with hardware components, controlling electrical and electronic components through firmware and troubleshooting errant devices.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Prior experience in a multi-disciplinary engineering support role.
- Preferred: PhD in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related field.
- Preferred: Understanding of robust software engineering practices related to the medical device industry.
- Preferred: Software development experience governed by regulatory agency processes such as FDA and CE.
- Physical Requirements: Must have correctable vision that allows for working at a computer desk
- Travel requirements: none
Company Benefits and Perks – What you will love about us!
All positions at RefleXion are eligible to receive the same benefits, listed here. We also want to highlight the following perks that add to our collaborative and team-work company culture. As we continue to grow as a company, we strive to have these benefits and perks grow with us – we are so excited for what is in store!
- The opportunity to work with a passionate, driven team in a pre-IPO start-up environment
- Competitive compensation and stock option package
- Three (3) weeks PTO to start
- Medical (both HMO and PPO options), Dental and Vision
- Health Savings Account (HSA), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account (DCFSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Employer paid Life Insurance
- RefleXion Benefit Hub – for company exclusive discounts and deals on a variety of sites and items
- Free daily on-site lunches
- Kitchens filled with a variety of healthy and delicious snacks and drinks – including espresso and soda machines!
- Company culture building events such as Coffee Chats with the Executives, Friday Afternoon Ice Cream Socials and monthly Book Club
- On-site mobile car wash services weekly
- Electric car charging stations on site